Cyclist unfriendly establishments

Bennie Dikwiel

Sorry bout that was a bit out of line but he sort of asked for it.... :blush:

No problem. Try limit your responses to comments on what the poster said, not what you think the poster is. :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you work that one out. He has an opinion so do you. Who says yours is right?

The most unfriendly establishemtn has to be my house !

The bikes have to be in the garage *where there is not enough space* , and they have been banned from the house.

Non friendly place I say ...

Why do you reckon he asked for it??

This one's for you bud:

post-22004-0-37371600-1301911384.jpg

I would value a thread like this.

But maybe a change of title to "Cyclist friendly establishments" (positive spin?) that recommends lekker eateries or accommodation that welcomes cyclists...

The most unfriendly establishemtn has to be my house !

The bikes have to be in the garage *where there is not enough space* , and they have been banned from the house.

Non friendly place I say ...

FFS! WTH do you want your bikes in the house for anyway?

But maybe a change of title to "Cyclist friendly establishments" (positive spin?) that recommends lekker eateries or accommodation that welcomes cyclists...

+1000

Mine are in the house, they even have their own room. ;)

less clutter than in my garage. Easier to get the bike out the door, rather than up and over the car, round the boxes, past the pram while avoiding the dog and getting covered in lube oil marks. Simple really.

There was a thread like that just recently.

It would make a good publication

There is a book called Pet Friendly Estab.

Our house in Scarborough was on the cover one year

This thread is intended for you to list the establishments where cyclists were made aware that they or their bicycles were not welcome. Where possible please give details ie Place, Date, Time, Names so where the establishments would like to comment or attempt to rectify, they could do so.

My 1st as follows:

Place: Beacon Island - Plett

Date: 3 April 2011 @ 14H30

Staff: Porter "Benji"

Manager: "Abraham Jansen"

My wife, a friend and I arrived after doing the Harkerville route (it was a dry day) and wanted to sit outside on the patio to have lunch. We were refused access with 1 bike and were told to leave it down below with the access security. I said that I was scared it was going to be stolen and said that I would prefer to take it around to the grass where we will be sitting. We were told by "Benji" the porter that this is not possible. We asked to see the manager and without greeting or introduction "Abraham Jansen" the duty manager confirmed that the bike was not allowed to be pushed to the grass outside by the patio. Without any alternative and being made quite aware that we were not welcome, we left hungry.

Shame on you Beacon Island!

We as cyclist are not human sub-species and our bicycles do not carry diseases.

I don’t agree!

Stayed at the hotel for 10 days last year and had no issues. They have a good facility to store your bike in the basement, locked up with a name tag. There is also a security station right next to the lockup. You sign in and out for your bike at any time of the day.

When I was there, the room was literally packed with bikes and there were no issues.

Why should the hotel change their rule for one person, when they have a good enough facility available?

Mine are in the house, they even have their own room. ;)

Ive got three bikes in my bedroom at the moment. :lol: