Bike mugged at Stellenbosch

5Seats

Hi All,

I got mugged from my bike just before Stellenbosch opposite Kayamandi cycling towards Helshoogte. This happened at 08:40 Sunday morning, jip in daylight on a busy road with lots of other motorists and cyclist!! The plot was that there were about 4or5 of them black long skinny males, dressed in sweaters and caps, spaced about 20m apeart. The first bastart let me passed him then the next 2 together grabbed at me with the following bastasrt 20m further down the road. Luckily for me they only got me by the back of my shirt, ripping of the back pockets and getting away with my pump,sweets and home remote contorl(cell phone stayed with me in the remaing pocket).

I immediately tried to get the attention of a bypassing motorist who wasnt interested in stopping, thereafter I ran towards the remote police station, with also not much of any urgency to try and spot the bastards.

I urge all cyclist to be extra carefull when cycling past this spot as these events now start happening in regular intervills. If something looks suspisious, it probebly is!!!

Safe cycling

Vesrkoon my engels:)

What the hell is going on at the moment? :unsure: Another case, this is really getting to much

Dont know the details but a cyclist was shot at at the same spot a while ago... :thumbdown: also early morning.. took a bullet in the leg I think..

the people from kyamandi get bikes and a bmx track all via Songo.info and then still try and steal some more wonder how many stolen bike s are in there

All least you are safe and in one piece!

Its becoming an absolute Joke! Looks like the only way to ride is in BIG groups!

Tks all,

Ja, I guess the answer is to cycle in big groups with a back-up vehicle if possible. What a pitty!!!!

Regards!

Hi All,

I got mugged from my bike just before Stellenbosch opposite Kayamandi cycling towards Helshoogte. This happened at 08:40 Sunday morning, jip in daylight on a busy road with lots of other motorists and cyclist!! The plot was that there were about 4or5 of them black long skinny males, dressed in sweaters and caps, spaced about 20m apeart. The first bastart let me passed him then the next 2 together grabbed at me with the following bastasrt 20m further down the road. Luckily for me they only got me by the back of my shirt, ripping of the back pockets and getting away with my pump,sweets and home remote contorl(cell phone stayed with me in the remaing pocket).

I immediately tried to get the attention of a bypassing motorist who wasnt interested in stopping, thereafter I ran towards the remote police station, with also not much of any urgency to try and spot the bastards.

I urge all cyclist to be extra carefull when cycling past this spot as these events now start happening in regular intervills. If something looks suspisious, it probebly is!!!

Safe cycling

Vesrkoon my engels:)

I rode past at about 9ish - coming from Klein Joostenberg side, and I was warned by a passing cyclist to watch out for trouble in Kayamandi. Didn't see a single soul on the side of the road and wondered what the fuss was about.

I can't believe this is still happening, especially since it is right in front of the police station...

This one of the nicest routes for us oukes here in the North of the Mother City... Kayamandi is becoming the Wild West - had a friend who was hijacked outside Kayamandi yesterday, his friend who was driving the van past away due to his injuries...

just sad sad sad sad :(

Edited by MariusL

I used to live in Stellenbosch (man I miss that place) and you never heard oof things like this. If you did it was often the person taking chances and riding through Kyamandi or Kylemore at night alone.

Are there any cycling clubs in Stellenbosch? Why dont all the cyclists get together and form a free of charge group ride that just increases the numbers and safety?

I rode past at about 9ish - coming from Klein Joostenberg side, and I was warned by a passing cyclist to watch out for trouble in Kayamandi. Didn't see a single soul on the side of the road and wondered what the fuss was about.

I can't believe this is still happening, especially since it is right in front of the police station...

That was probably me warning everybody on my way back home, hope you all got safe back home!!

the people from kyamandi get bikes and a bmx track all via Songo.info and then still try and steal some more wonder how many stolen bike s are in there

Screw that!! Lets rob their awesome specialized bikes they got for FREE!!! We pay for our stuff and they just take it, they could be lucky I didn't drive past there, I will drive all of them over and I won't care, I am tired of all this robbing happening, I will from now on carry my gas powered hand gun with me, I am sure they will **** them self after pulling u off and then u rip that out into their face and even tho it is air gun pellets it would still shoot his eyes out....PLS KAYAMANDI BURN DOWN!!!!!

nothing surprises me anymore. my boss got mugged right outside our building in the middle of joburg where we USED to work. the SAPS occupy the first 2 floors and there were 2 heavily armed policeman on duty outside at the doors not more than 3m away when the incident took place. the 2 policemen apparently saw nothing :blink:

Its probably the police or their mates

Its probably the police or their mates

I agree there, they probably watch and laugh from the window....