29er last night on supercycling

Vetseun

I dont know why Gerald De Kock and Mighty Mouse didnt wear t shirts last night with "IM A 29er" Printed on the front.Its about all they could talk about. We now know that they think 29ers are the way to go, just give us a chance to make up our own mind, these toys cost plenty and not all of us can afford to go out and buy a new 29er.Mighty Mouse even thinks that 80% of the Epic field next year will be on 29ers, very possible I suppose if you can afford to spend R35k on an entry then you can afford to replace your bike without too much stress.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm are 29ers faster than 26ers ????.......round and round we go

Are they, I still want to know!

Good for business .....

That is EXACTLY what the whole thing is all about. From the manufacturers all the way down. A whole new market out of a saturated one. And oh boy are we suckers for marketing, or WHAT! blush.gif

So true my friend, MM will make of ching with all the new bikes he will sell

Good for business .....

Not really from me, if it is proven to be the way to go, I wanna do it then. Any help to be faster works for me.

All this 29'er hate ..... a tinge of jealousy perhaps ... just asking :)

Let me remember......

the best bike according to Cyclelab?

anything that Andrew MClean cycles..........

when he was wiping up the road to was a deRosa, then a Colnago, then a Cervelo,

when he was winning on the mtb it was a Volcan, now a 29er.

So where is the magic? It seems that he can win on anything, maybe he will start expounding the combat efficiency of a singlespeed or a unicycle next.

The answer is simple, if you train your ass off, you will ride well, if you don't train then you will buy whatever the winner recommends.

Consummers are stupid this way. Lambs to the slaughter.

I want Burry's bike, that way I can be as fast as he is and win the epic!! How nice will that be. ;)

Edited by koukie