New Silverback Frames

linton

The only usefull thing to learn from this experience would be that "advise" is seldom selfless or without hidden agenda. Knowlegde is power, and as long as you haven't researched extensively and gathered loads of opinions (not from bike shops, as they have a financial incentive) you will be forced to believe whateever the salesman tells you and won't be able to make a sound decision. Don't have then take you for a ride ever :clap:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to open a bike shop, if in today's ever tightening economy you can afford to be a tjoppie about making a sale, then I want a piece of that pie!

as a disclaimer I don't mean that dunkeld was unhelpful, they just really seem to want to get out of the "cheap" bike bracket.

We have a SB in our 'garage' and the bike is awesome. We have jumped it, raced it and thrown it and it is still one hundred cement.

We have the SB Ventura, R7500 of bliss. :thumbup:

Geesh! I googled "Smegma" before reading further. Thanks for the afternoon's gross-out! :blink:

Well Silverback is a type of gorilla, and smegma is, well smegma. What did you expect to find?

Makes sense as to why Mikes Bikes never called me back - regarding a helmet I wanted them to order for me...I should have never told them I ride an SB...

:thumbup:

Silverback is a good brand. Don't listen to anything Dunkeld cycles has to say, they are absolutely useless and have no idea what they are talking about...

as part of your response, if it is that nothing is wrong with silverback, give your opinion as to why there is so much negativity regarding the frames.

Many many riders here on the hub on gorrilla's and all the ones I know are supremely happy with their SB's I myself had a phoenix HT last year, thought well, lets buy a morewood frame for 7.5k see if we can drop some wheight of the bike. stripped the bike took the phoenix frame (now remember the phoenix was an entry level bike), and to my utter amazement found that the phoenix frame was only 100grams heavier than a morewood Kwela frame. And the Morewood frame cost more than the bike.

If found nothing wrong with the SB frame, no flex, comfortable racy geomitry etc. Bought my girlfriend "now fiance" ( yes gents I did get me engaged this week.) a SB Nebraska, and took it for a spin, even though it was a medium it was a great bike.

People on the hub then to try and compare SB to ralleigh and other cheap brands, but no in my opinion SB gives you the same quality as Scott Merida, Giant, Trek, and much lower prices. Obviously this is all very relative depending on which model from which manufacturer.

Moral of the story SB makes a damn decent bike especially once you go to the upper spec models.

We have a SB in our 'garage' and the bike is awesome. We have jumped it, raced it and thrown it and it is still one hundred cement.

We have the SB Ventura, R7500 of bliss. :thumbup:

Funny, I built a house about 20 years back, and it, too, is till one hundred cement...! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to own a Nabraska, the frame is holding up just fine 3 years on with its 3rd owner.