how was your karkloof

jwagga

Anyone know the total climbing in the 60km? It was an AWESOME route :lol: but there was a lot of climbing; I swear more than in hill2hill 105km even!

just interested to know the meters...

Anyone ?? :unsure:

Elevation gain 1464m on my Garmin

Max elevation was 1594m (top of larry's loop / lebanon)

min was 1018m

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

flip is that all?? :blink:

maybe hill2hill was just more spread out!?

It is nice to have some challenging climbs though I won't lie.

As someone's said, they have our sizes on the ROAG DB, so why not prepare accordingly.

The ROAG database wasn't used for the ordering of the cycle shirts because another online entry system was used for the Karkloof Classic pre entries...

• 11 months later...

What route would you suggest for a first-timer to this race? I usually do 30-40km races and had done one 70km race.

40km or 60km??

Edited by FuelEX

What route would you suggest for a first-timer to this race? I usually do 30-40km races and had done one 70km race (trailseeker series - hazeldean).

40km or 60km??

The 60km is tough. I'd recommend you stick to the 40km - you'll still ride most of the good stuff and you'll enjoy it more.

• 1 month later...

From what time is the number collection on Sunday and how early do you need to be there to get parking and get sorted before the race? This will be my first Karkloof event.

From what time is the number collection on Sunday and how early do you need to be there to get parking and get sorted before the race? This will be my first Karkloof event.

Here are the details form a mail I go yesterday... parking hasnt been a mission for me. but I try get there as early as possible.

Registration will be at the Karkloof Country Club on Friday 16:00-18:30 ; Saturday 11:00-13:30 and Sunday 05:30-09:45. Please ensure that you come through registration AT LEAST 1 hour 30 minutes prior to the start of your event on the day of your event in order to avoid any last minute rushing! If you would prefer to register for all of your events on either Friday or Saturday, please feel free to come through registration at the above specified times. You will then NOT need to come through registration again on Sunday.