Which 29er

VroomSL

The Giant's tapered headtube, QR15 & Pressfit bearings appeal to me.

But pick the one with the geometry best suited to you.

giant is full xt...silverback is not...look at all the x1's on the epic alot :) i was looking out for it as im interested in the x1 myslef.....

Giant has a fox fork and the silverback a rockshox reba. I'll take the fox fork anyday plus the full xt componenets and a more aggressive riding style frame. Try and get silverback to service your bike in SA. Good luck with that! Giant has the best service.

I'm biased cos I just bought one - Giant all the way. There's no FS 29er from any brand that offers better value for money at the moment.

I was reading the Jan issue of What MTB this morning and they tested the Giant and rated it very highly

They just gave the Giant wheels the thumbs down.So swap them out.Siverback is not even on their radar.

What's the price difference-if any?

I think Silverback is about +- R 19000 and Giant is +- R 29,000

So 10K difference.

I am in te process of buying a 29er and is considering the Silverback. Hear your comment about prefering the Giant, but this is not an apple against apple comparison! I can get the Silverback for R17,000? Might be so that the Giant is a better mtb, but I cannot stretch my budget to R28,000, the best I can get the Giant for? Will I go wrong in buying the Silverback?