THE HUB MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE?

Balsie

Hi All Hubbers,

I posted an ad in the clssified this morning with the title"Giant Anthem-Bargain"

One hubber very politley said that he thought that my price was not a bargain which was fair enough.Very tactfully done.

The next person comes along makes a post and literally killed the sale with his comments (go and check the ad)

Personally I would not do this and would prefer to maybe PM the person and advise him/her to revise the description and relook the price or suggest a reasonable price.

What is the consensus in terms of etiquette? I know I can't restrict what is being said but surely this is uncalled for. Am I being over sensitive as I am aware this is a public forum.

There is decent ways of doing things and yes if my price is too high then the bike won't sell and I will then obviously have to drop my price.

But to post on my ad that I am taking a fat chance blag blah basically destroyed any chance of me selling the bike at any price.

Would appreciate all feedback.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been discussed before and I think it is wrong ! Wait ... I #$%#$% hate it if some clever @#$@ass tells you how your add should be or what the price should be !!

unfortunately this place is not known for it's 'manners and etiquette' :(

it seems it is everyman for himself >> ok that is a generalisation, there are many awesome people here, you might have to get your hands a bit dirty to secure a sale here (meaning you'll need to defend yourself and your ad)

my 2 cents

I have learnt that post the item as is, and do not add words like ""almost new"" / bargian etc.

If someone really are interested (not the price police who always seems to be interested), they will pm you and asked more detail etc.

There is just to many wize cracks here.

I wouldn't hassle too much. Delete the ad and re-post tomorrow. People's memnories are short, and all the *** that gets spoken here on the hub is frying our brains even further.

I am sorry to have to say this but there are a lot of guys on here expecting you to give your items away at a rediculous price.

If you have nothing good to say then dont say anything

Those price police pr!cks aren't even interested in buying to start with! Trolls trawling the posts to cause k@k. If I was a potential buyer, I would post a reply saying that I am interested and that I think the price is a bit high because of ... then I would suggest a lower price depending on what I thought was fair. You as the seller then have the opportunuty to tell me to go fly a kite or to negotiate.

Anybody out to sabotage a sale needs to be blacklisted as that is uncool. I agree with popeye. There are too many wize cracks.

There will always be someone who thinks your price is too high, even if it's free! If you're happy with your price, defend and stick with it. For example you could say a full XT groupset sells for XX, ZTR wheels for YY, blah blah blah - voila - bargain people!

Just ignore the comments. If you think your price is fair then stick to it.

I sold a bike where i had people go on about the price, the lack of guarentee as it was 2nd hand, make ridiculous offers etc and it didn't kill the sale at all.

People do take chances to get something cheaper. In my case the bike was a good price and it sold for what I was asking.

Don't let the wise cracks get to you - no one ever pays any attention to them anyhow....so I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you. :D

Hello Balsie

While most Hubbers are WYSIWYG, unfortunately there are a tiny few hubbers that when they move from the real world out there, to the cyber world in here, take on a cyber personality of such a nature that if they has to race in here, would fall into the age category Nippers, Sprogs or Sub Juniors!

Ps Good luck with your sale.

Dude..we all voice our opinion....for some it's not a bargain ..for some it will be...I don't know MtB prices.. so I cant say....good luck with the sale anyway ...thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif

Hey Ladies and Gents,

Thanks for the feedback and advice! :clap:

I am glad to see that sanity prevails.....I know I should ignore the comments but jeepers it just rubs me up th wrong way.

From the response to this topic there are a few of these idiots around but hey majority response is all good. :thumbup:

Name and shame (I missed the ad) and then the next time he/she tries to sell something we can ambush the sale :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just kidding)

Dude, just state the facts of the sale (forget about bargain etc!!)

We, (i for one...) will make up our own minds if the price is bargain or not....

Whenever i see "bargain" i'm thinking to myself....why??? What is he/she not telling me? So, bottom line - advertise - let the serious buyers decide for themselves....