THE HUB MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE?

Balsie

You BUNCH of GOONS

THE HUB MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE? Yes or No.

What part of YES or NO did you not GET.

He did not ask for screeds of opinion!

NO!

simple :thumbup:

I am not sure I understand the question. It looks more like a title.

Does he mean:

The Hub/Manners(Etiquette), or

The Hub/Manners.(Etiquette), or

The Hub/Manners (Etiquette), or finally

The Hub (Manners x Etiquette)?

:thumbup: :thumbdown: :unsure:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew,love the debate...

Ok what I plan to do this morning is go back to my ad take out the word "Bargain" then take some time to justify why I think my bike is work 20K. Even though I have advertised the bike as a 2009 bike the only 2009 part on the bike is the frame. If you look at the spec on a 2009 Anthem 2 bike you will see the upgrades that I have done in the last two years.And yes agreed if I start negotiating with a serious buyer I will discuss the bike in full with him/her.I see the ad as an introduction to serious buyers.That is why I have put at the bottom of the post pm me e-mail address for more pictures.So check out the ad in an hour or so and if anybody still has an opnion well just be polite and tactful with your opinion. ;)

Good luck with the sale balsie :thumbup: It all comes down to how desperate you are to sell the bike, remember the item is worth what people are prepared to pay for it and the hub is full of cheapskates...myself incl. :blush:

And if you can't sell it here there are a lot of suckers reading the junkmail . Always works for me .

Does he mean:

None of the abvove....

There is no DEEP meaning. I was just enquiring in respect of the lack of Manners AND Etiquette I had experienced. And just wanted to get feedback on what fellow hubbers felt.

None of the abvove....

There is no DEEP meaning. I was just enquiring in respect of the lack of Manners AND Etiquette I had experienced. And just wanted to get feedback on what fellow hubbers felt.

Cool. I was just poking fun in the light of a hotly debated mathematical question that went around yesterday.

BTW the answer is the fourth one. Manners and Etiquette are a seperate term from The Hub.

Cool. I was just poking fun in the light of a hotly debated mathematical question that went around yesterday.

BTW the answer is the fourth one. Manners and Etiquette are a seperate term from The Hub.

The answer was 2.

Do I get the wooden spoon now?

:D

Balsie, I must say that the way peeps reply on the hub portrays somewhat their personality and in what type of mood some of them are.

I have noticed that some of the hubbers always reply with some sort of sarcasm, every time these individuals post something it's sarcastic and annoying. some of them hide behind the mask of, "this is a public forum” and justifies that to say what they like, Then their are some of them that tries to make a joke of things, some who is serious, some who are all of the above,

The answer was 2.

Do I get the wooden spoon now?

:D

Don't worry about it. I'll put my 'Dunce' cap on instead.

do not let a few comments in bad taste make you lose sight of the big picture.if you want to sell an article and the value for money is good the article will sell.my shitbarometer always works and someone looking to buy an article will/should be able to to see the difference between sales hype and the real deal.if i am iterested in an article i will not let other comments deter me from buying if the comment does not add anything of value.good luck with your sale.

:rolleyes:

Does he mean:

:clap:, nolipoli, you are dismissed from class and can go outside and ride your bike .....

I have changed the ad, Check it out. :)

I really want to sell the bike but if I don't it has been entertaining anyway!

Hi All Hubbers,

I posted an ad in the clssified this morning with the title"Giant Anthem-Bargain"

One hubber very politley said that he thought that my price was not a bargain which was fair enough.Very tactfully done.

The next person comes along makes a post and literally killed the sale with his comments (go and check the ad)

Personally I would not do this and would prefer to maybe PM the person and advise him/her to revise the description and relook the price or suggest a reasonable price.

What is the consensus in terms of etiquette? I know I can't restrict what is being said but surely this is uncalled for. Am I being over sensitive as I am aware this is a public forum.

There is decent ways of doing things and yes if my price is too high then the bike won't sell and I will then obviously have to drop my price.

But to post on my ad that I am taking a fat chance blag blah basically destroyed any chance of me selling the bike at any price.

Would appreciate all feedback.

For the record I am the hubber that "politley" mentioned its not a bargain, It was a very decent bike at what seemed a sellable price (maybe a tad on the high end of the scale) but considering the components and what condition the bike was in I would have considered it. I personally felt from other sales the asking price was a tad too high, And hence did not deserve the word Bargain in the heading but that was just my personal opinion and if I contributed to the destruction of the sale I do appologize.