Swimming at Linden public pool Randburg

Seeker911

Linden is classified as being in Randburg. :)

I grew up 50m from that pool. It is in Linden. We used to f... Randburg up in rugby - VERY different to Randburg. Actually in a different municipality

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did you swim yesterday StevieL? Has Linden's re-opening schedule gone according to plan?

Still closed... :thumbdown:

Very frustrating indeed...

I am done waiting now. Where else in JHB has a heated pool?

Virgin active in Victory park has nice pool.......although without discovery or momentum its pricey

Virgin active in Victory park has nice pool.......although without discovery or momentum its pricey

Actually a member of that gym. But I could grow a beard whilst waiting for a lane there.

Ellis Park heated?

According to City of Joburg website? Yes.

But they also claim this:

The Linden swimming pool is under construction at the moment, the main delivery pipe, i.e., the under ground pipes supplying water to this pool ruptured, a construction company was appointed to do repairs and maintenance and they are currently busy changing the old rusted steel pipes and replacing them with PVC pipes.

It is envisaged that this pool might be completed and officially opened to the public at the end of November 2010.

A world class african city. Really?

post-6252-0-06121600-1374069131_thumb.png

Actually a member of that gym. But I could grow a beard whilst waiting for a lane there.

That's where I swim and never have issues, need to sometime share lane but never had to wait and start swimming at about 18 - 18:30 on weekdays.

Just have to doge some guys often....nothing special

That's where I swim and never have issues, need to sometime share lane but never had to wait and start swimming at about 18 - 18:30 on weekdays.

Just have to doge some guys often....nothing special

Looks like that's the way to go. :thumbup:

Ellispark is great. You have multimillion rand complex to yourself most of the time

Yip spoke to Roy today. Pool still closed. Apparently still some issues with the filtration system. Best case 2 weeks from now. Seems city council dont give a hoot I quote "If you dont like it go somewhere else" as with every else in this country they too have moved to the dark side some time ago. I must admit I was quite surprised to see them actually agree to doing any repairs at all. I expected to see the pool simply waste away.

think I'm going to have to find one of these heated pools. I'm a member at planet fitness in cape town, single branch membership, and I just spoke to one of the branches in JHB. They want to charge me R100 per visit to make use of the facilities. I don't expect it for free but I'm already a member and I'd like to swim 5 times over the week while I'm there. That's R500 for a week....... sorry but that's crazy.

why is it so difficult to find a pool near Midrand that I can use to train at??????????????

Well thats because Midrand is kinda neither here nor there. Its the gateway to the north or south :D seriously now if you live in Midrand it should be pretty quick and easy to get to Sunninghill. Check out Wahoo (www.wahoo.co.za) pretty impressive

Oh yes if any of you are waiting for Linden pool dont hold your breathe they are still having all sorts of issues with pumps motors and filtration. The usual cock n bull story. Low paid contractors with a very poor result. Tax payers money down the tubes and lord only knows who's pockets have been filled.

Looks like I will be signing up with Virgin Active Randburg.

Thanks Seeker. Looks like a great facility. I have contacted the guy to find out more so hopefully I can make use of it

Sigh.....sad is this thread...makes me wonder what is going on at the other municipal pools I used to use

Germiston (Delville) and Boksburg North - both were top class training pools

well I contacted the guys at wahoo swimming venue and they were very helpful. R40 to make use of the pool and they have a few different length pools They do sound very busy and suggested I use the pool between 5.30am and 1pm which is fine.

Archived