Stolen Giant VT2

Ebe

For the reason that an honest guy would immediately try to protect his good name and help you . He would go all out to catch the thief and recover your bike.

That would be the only option for an honest man.

:clap: exacto mondo! a real cyclist would've made sure these bike thieves were hanged! ..but not before being tortured :devil:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majority of Reputable LBS make a point of not dealing in 2hnd bikes unless you trade one in on a New bike.

For the very reason that "hot" bikes start arriving when a seller isn't selling to upgrade.

neilswheels.co.za looks fully dodge

Do not let these schmucks off the hook

This point made above :

"I wouldn't be surprised if the owner is heavily involved (only speculating here) and has been caught out finally and now is just trying to cover his tracks."

Is undoubtedly true.

For the reason that an honest guy would immediately try to protect his good name and help you . He would go all out to catch the thief and recover your bike.

That would be the only option for an honest man.

A crook would do exactly the opposite , backtracking , back pedalling , denials, trying to brush you off , threats , lying , obfuscating bull **** .

That's the crooks only options.

Step back & look at the whole picture.

Now go get him!!!!

:thumbup:

I wonder if the reason that the hi-jacking are not so prevailent in KZN is that there are very few LBS stores( I know of one) that deals in top end 2nd hand bikes.

There are a few shops that "deal" in second hand bikes, but the bike needs to have been purchased there originally and you need to have a relationship with the LBS. In KZN: Dave Wiseman and Cycleshpere (Urban Cycles) to name but two. The problem with second hand bikes is the margin for profit I think.

When i go to the link for Neilswheels it says account has been suspended - is this just me, or is this looking more and more suspicious...

? ... are the owners or staff of the store not Hubbers and following this link too ?

? ... are the owners or staff of the store not Hubbers and following this link too ?

yep i think so too!

::waves:: hello bicycle thieves!

When i go to the link for Neilswheels it says account has been suspended - is this just me, or is this looking more and more suspicious...

Sounds to me like he is a hubber....or someone tips him off....mmmm...suddenly I want to remove my pics showing my bikes on this site to be safe...

There are a few shops that "deal" in second hand bikes, but the bike needs to have been purchased there originally and you need to have a relationship with the LBS. In KZN: Dave Wiseman and Cycleshpere (Urban Cycles) to name but two. The problem with second hand bikes is the margin for profit I think.

I know the Urban Cycles shop, thats run by Shaun( sound bloke), who used to be Shauns Power Cycles. I think with Daves its more a "trade-in "bike, I also doubt he would want to jepodise his 30 +++ year reputation going down the drain.

Its the guys that deal specifically in 2nd hand bikes and low end new ones that are involved.

Thats link was working 5 min ago! Seriously!!!!....................

I know thats where I saw that nice battaglin with the Zipp wheels

has anyone seen Niels the actual person in real life? I wonder if he is the Neil schnetler dude that used to borrow bikes from shops for a test run claiming to "know" people" and conviniently keep them

has anyone seen Niels the actual person in real life? I wonder if he is the Neil schnetler dude that used to borrow bikes from shops for a test run claiming to "know" people" and conviniently keep them

Some hubber stated last time he knows Niel and that he is a good guy, can't recall the nickname

I've met him in person as well and he seemed nice enough but have heard way too many stories from him and others that make me think twice