Stolen Giant VT2

Ebe

So I finally have some news.What I am going to let out now, I would like everybody to make there own opinion on.All I will do is state the facts.

On Saturday I saw the LBS owner showed him the pic of my bike, and showed him the case no.

Told him not to sell the bike and I would be back with the detective.

Took the detective in today to fetch my bike., and to our amazement the bike was GONE!

Apparently when the bike was brought in the LBS owner was not in the store.The staff who booked the bike in(dodgy as ****) spoke the guys who wanted to sell the bike.Told them that the owner was not around, did not take any details of the guys( no number, no Id NOTHING).They left the bike in the shop and left. :blink:

When I saw my bike on saturday, the owner told me that the guys were going to come negotiate pricing with him.(BUT the bike was standing on the sales floor.)

After I told him not to sell the bike , apparently these two guys came in on Monday, asked for there money and after he said that he didn't want the bike, they apparently got rowdy,took "there" bike and left. At this point ,after apparently been threatened and the guys who took the bike, our very noble LBS owner did not feel the need to contact the police, after knowing that this bike was stolen.

Just let them leave and that was the end of the story.

After doing some of my own research, it has come to light that I am not the only one who this has happened to in this LBS.

Now I ask ,Who believes this crock!

People get killed on a daily basis in bike theft, and we have Scum like this who are actually the kingpins acting like they are the most innocent people in the world.

Not to mention the conflicting statements from the staff member and the owner.

Now EVERYBODY Beware of dealing with NEILS WHEELS in Plumstead.!!!!!!!!

Indeed what a crock of $hit, what has the detective said about all this. This shop sound well dodgy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the owner is heavily involved (only speculating here) and has been caught out finally and now is just trying to cover his tracks.

So guess no bike again. I woulkd be going mad by now.

Edited by Caerus

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Detective told me something smells like fanny

Have you got Inspector Clouseau on the case?

Dodgy!! All those gumtree ads....maybe go check some of your components might be on other bikes they selling there...Good luck man!

my conclusion. dodgy shop... dodgy owner. blaming the staff? that's laughable. he is responsible for his shop/premises.

displaying a bike on the floor w/o knowing whether its legit/origins? that's a big no-no. its criminal.

in retrospect you should have introduced yourself as an interested buyer, and made a HUGE offer. i'm pretty sure they would've called you.

will stay away. be sure to let others know too.

Well dodgy, the website is also rubbish, no content details on the contact page?

You should send your info to the guys on SuperSport Cycling, its about time they took some interest and maybe pulled a 'Carte Blanche' on the shop?

Majority of Reputable LBS make a point of not dealing in 2hnd bikes unless you trade one in on a New bike.

For the very reason that "hot" bikes start arriving when a seller isn't selling to upgrade.

neilswheels.co.za looks fully dodge

Do not let these schmucks off the hook

This point made above :

"I wouldn't be surprised if the owner is heavily involved (only speculating here) and has been caught out finally and now is just trying to cover his tracks."

Is undoubtedly true.

For the reason that an honest guy would immediately try to protect his good name and help you . He would go all out to catch the thief and recover your bike.

That would be the only option for an honest man.

A crook would do exactly the opposite , backtracking , back pedalling , denials, trying to brush you off , threats , lying , obfuscating bull **** .

That's the crooks only options.

Step back & look at the whole picture.

Now go get him!!!!

:thumbup:

Well dodgy, the website is also rubbish, no content details on the contact page?

You should send your info to the guys on SuperSport Cycling, its about time they took some interest and maybe pulled a 'Carte Blanche' on the shop?

I agree, get someone like Carte Blanche involved.

I once went to this store as I was in the area and found it strange that so many MTB's had odd matching components to what should have been the STD for that bike.

Like a 100mm travel fork on a long travel bike for instance.

Anyway I asked RE a steel HT frame and was taken to the back storeroom where a guy was "re-spraying" kiddies BMX bikes that looked like they needed a good coat of spray. This for resale at reasonable prices. I can understand this.

Then in the corner was standing a Carbon Lefty and a top of the range Fox fork. I asked why they were in here and not on the sales floor and the answer was that he had no space in the front for it.

I accepted all this grudgingly, but I now think I know better.

H

slipped out of my fingers...

You played your cards too soon!! You should have waited for the detective and arrived at the shop with the element of surprise! That way your bike would probably still have been there...

On a lighter note, I had a look at the website and this looked good:

Giant Anthem

A giant 29er...? :blink:

I hope this works out for you. I choose to pay the R100 odd a month and sleep well at night knowing that my steed will be replaced if it gets nicked.