Stolen Giant VT2

Ebe

i bet it's instances like these where an LBS would love to have the services of a national bike registry so as to avoid this forthcoming embarrassment.

Edited by Jarek Wysocki

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be some way of registering the bike to owners. I mean with the prices of bikes today, cost more than some cars. And for someone to just steal it and sell it so easy is crazy!

Not cool at all!

Would like to know how much he paid for it if he was selling it? Never met an LBS that didn't know the fair value of bikes! If he is guilty I would rip him a new one and shame him!!!!!

There must be some way of registering the bike to owners. I mean with the prices of bikes today, cost more than some cars. And for someone to just steal it and sell it so easy is crazy!

Anyone who insures their bike has to stipulate the serial number. I don't see why this could not be centralized in a registry between the insurance companies.

I understand you reluctance to name the shop now, but Once you have your bike back, (or if it mysteriously disappears from the shop over the week-end) please name and shame loudly.

like i said, once I have my facts, I will definitely give a full update. think it's very important that we clamp down wherever we can.

So easy to just plead ignorance. Would love to hear more of what the shop owner had to say.

How many LBS are dealers in high end second hand bikes. I know of one in Durban.

mmm, I wonder if the investgating officer has a name ?

But, you found your bike in a shop ?

Which shop was it ? As I would be interested to hear what was paid for it ? Can the owner tell you this ?

Please let us know once you have an update.

On another note, how do cycle shops keep track of the bikes they sell?

Surely they need to keep track of the serial numbers for warranty purposes?

Can this information not be placed on a secure database to which only the shops (or certain individuals at shops) have access?

Waiting for the detective to get out of court so I can take hime to the shop.

Still waiting for the Detective to make some time to go with me, Hid did call yesterday, so hopefully we go today.

Still waiting for the Detective to make some time to go with me, Hid did call yesterday, so hopefully we go today.

Has the shop owner come out with anything else? As to why the bike was even there in the first place.

So I finally have some news.What I am going to let out now, I would like everybody to make there own opinion on.All I will do is state the facts.

On Saturday I saw the LBS owner showed him the pic of my bike, and showed him the case no.

Told him not to sell the bike and I would be back with the detective.

Took the detective in today to fetch my bike., and to our amazement the bike was GONE!

Apparently when the bike was brought in the LBS owner was not in the store.The staff who booked the bike in(dodgy as ****) spoke the guys who wanted to sell the bike.Told them that the owner was not around, did not take any details of the guys( no number, no Id NOTHING).They left the bike in the shop and left. :blink:

When I saw my bike on saturday, the owner told me that the guys were going to come negotiate pricing with him.(BUT the bike was standing on the sales floor.)

After I told him not to sell the bike , apparently these two guys came in on Monday, asked for there money and after he said that he didn't want the bike, they apparently got rowdy,took "there" bike and left. At this point ,after apparently been threatened and the guys who took the bike, our very noble LBS owner did not feel the need to contact the police, after knowing that this bike was stolen.

Just let them leave and that was the end of the story.

After doing some of my own research, it has come to light that I am not the only one who this has happened to in this LBS.

Now I ask ,Who believes this crock!

People get killed on a daily basis in bike theft, and we have Scum like this who are actually the kingpins acting like they are the most innocent people in the world.

Not to mention the conflicting statements from the staff member and the owner.

Now EVERYBODY Beware of dealing with NEILS WHEELS in Plumstead.!!!!!!!!