Stolen Giant VT2

Ebe

Some hubber stated last time he knows Niel and that he is a good guy, can't recall the nickname

Could be me....I once paid a Neil chap (I think it is the same dude mentioned here...)R1000 -00 to keep first dibs on a bike for me....He let me have it for a day while I checked out the state of the machine...then after consultation with a LBS i decided not to buy it. Neil paid me back cash - and no quabbles! He came across a a very nice guy. At that stage (2+years ago) he still operated from his garage in Newlands area. I see he has upgraded now?

He had a massive amount of bikes in his garage and was fixing /swopping etc components all the time...come to think of it...now I'll be a bit more suspicious of this guy but apart from that - a stand-up guy,based on my exoperience with him. But on the ather hand, this does not necessary make him an honest dealer either!

my 2c

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, also based on experience... most crooks come across as really nice guys :unsure:

Exactly, this seems to only point to one thing for me.

I searched Gumtree for "Neilswheels" and come up with 13 used bikes and one new one. Maybe a notice to all hubbers to go and check them out and try to identify stolen bikes.

If Neilswheels has nothing to hide, they will leave the adverts up there. If they suddenly remove the adverts, then it kind of confirms that they are stolen.

Me and the wifey were in the area once and I dragged her in there cos I wanted to check out the place....was recommended to me by Avron of cycletraders...was looking for an entry level mtb....wife turned around ...said that place is suspect....as usual she was right again.....lol

Whats happening here? I see Niels Wheels website is still suspended.

Did you see neilswheels is now a hubber as well <_<

Did you see neilswheels is now a hubber as well dry.gif

Ohh, very interesting. :o

Hey Niels what deals have you got at the moment? Im looking for a Giant VT2 :unsure:

lol

i just contacted the shop.

a lady picked up the phone. said neil's wheels.

so i reply "hi is this Neil's wheels" to which lady replies "yes it is"

so as a joke i quickly reply "that deals in stolen bikes" so lady replies "yes it is"

lolol epic FAIL on her part.

lol

i just contacted the shop.

a lady picked up the phone. said neil's wheels.

so i reply "hi is this Neil's wheels" to which lady replies "yes it is"

so as a joke i quickly reply "that deals in stolen bikes" so lady replies "yes it is"

lolol epic FAIL on her part.

Classic :lol:

found it his nickname is myrneil

see there are posts from Nov 2008 so he has been a member for awhile.

i see he has posted a few bikes for sale.

just search myrneil