Fox Fork servicing

Stevief

I have had my bike for a year now and have probably ridden around 2500km on mostly rough off road,rocky, singletrack terrain. Should i service my fork and if so how often should i service it? It still seems to be fine just need to know.

well id suggest you service it, even though your fork might still feel fine, i little bit of fine dust can be in the system, and when mixed with the oil could be slowly sandpapering away your sanction ect on the inside of the fork not vissible to the naked eye.

just like the old saying goes, a stitch in time saves nine :D

ps: learn to service it yourself, its really easy and the oil and stuff doesn't cost allot. so servicing will only cost you about R70-100 where as a LBS will charge you about R500 i guess thats if there is nothing else wrong other than a oil change and cleaning of foam rings and sanctions etc

maybe contact john and do one of his courses they are really well priced

here is his website

http://www.yellowsaddle.co.za/

I do mine 3 times a year. Just replaced bushes for "in case". Preventative maintenance. Cheaper than replacing stancions. :thumbup:

Where is the best place to buy a service kit seals foam rings and oil etc from for a F100 32RL as its about time mine got a service?

Where is the best place to buy a service kit seals foam rings and oil etc from for a F100 32RL as its about time mine got a service?

try give solomons a shout i know the pretoria branch had stock (where i got mine) so im sure the woodmead branch should also have otherwise chat to john i know he is in joberg and has them because he does the servicing

hope that helps a bit :D

Edited by brad890

I have had my bike for a year now and have probably ridden around 2500km on mostly rough off road,rocky, singletrack terrain. Should i service my fork and if so how often should i service it? It still seems to be fine just need to know.

Just a reminder that if the fork is still within warrenty that anything you do will null & void it - Good luck if its not. :thumbup:

well id suggest you service it, even though your fork might still feel fine, i little bit of fine dust can be in the system, and when mixed with the oil could be slowly sandpapering away your sanction ect on the inside of the fork not vissible to the naked eye.

just like the old saying goes, a stitch in time saves nine :D

ps: learn to service it yourself, its really easy and the oil and stuff doesn't cost allot. so servicing will only cost you about R70-100 where as a LBS will charge you about R500 i guess thats if there is nothing else wrong other than a oil change and cleaning of foam rings and sanctions etc

maybe contact john and do one of his courses they are really well priced

here is his website

http://www.yellowsaddle.co.za/

Ok thanks for that, technically im am imbicile i am just no good working with my hands so i will have to fess up the extra r400,

Mine started leaking oil badly this weekend so dont have a choice will have to do it this week will call Solomons to see if they have kits :(

Is it true that the FOX seals tends to leak more than ROCK shox?

There may be some superficial truth in it, although the seals are essentially the same thing.

The Fox may appear to leak more, simply because the left leg has lots of thin oil in it that can reach the top easier than the left leg's small quanity of oil. A Rox is similar to a Fox' left leg in that it also only has a few ml of oil in there, again, making a gushing leak unlikely.

How easy is it to service a 2007 RS Revelation U-Turn?

What does a service actually involve?

:huh:

How easy is it to service a 2007 RS Revelation U-Turn?

What does a service actually involve?

:huh:

Depends on the shop. sometimes it might only include a wipe with a cloth.

Serviced my fork today Fox F32 100RL

This fork is only 6 months old.

I take great care to clean and maintain the stanchions etc after each ride.

Take a look at this photo oil still very clean except the last 20 ml or so which was black you can see it in the jug it stands out clearly amongst the cleaner oil (right side)

The 20 ml from left leg still clean (on tile)

Take a look at foam wipers :(

Bottom line maintain your fork dont leave it for years

post-6876-0-14526400-1303420771.jpg

post-6876-0-68643400-1303420784.jpg