Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

http://data.uncommongoods.com.edgesuite.net/images/newweb/product/18676_lg1.jpg

Is that your bible? :P

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/popularmechanics/images/Td/monster-table-470-hed-0609.jpg

That brings a new meaning to desk top computer!

You want beer..?

Stuff the beer, I'll take the woman holding the beers

Shouldn't that be, "Got milk?"

That brings a new meaning to desk top computer!

It's a quad core, with 1Kw liquid cooling system.

It's a quad core, with 1Kw liquid cooling system.

I would make one slight improvemnt on the design otherwise it looks awesome, the table top needed to have live edge acrylic.

The Higgs boson is the only particle left in our understanding of particle physics (called the Standard Model) that we haven’t discovered. We think it exists — there’s math that postulates it does — it simply has never been observed. This is why it’s called the “God Particle,” because it’s the particle that would explain the difference between objects with mass and objects that have only energy — objects with form and objects without.

If we do find it, we’ll know that we have the right idea about how particles acquire mass — as in, how photons, riding on beams of light, have no mass at all, while the W and Z bosons (two particles that govern the “weak force,” one of the fundamental forces that keep atoms together) have the masses that they do, and why other subatomic particles have the weights that they have.

If you’ve paid any attention to physics or physical science research in the past few years, you’ve heard about the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the world’s largest and highest-energy particle accelerator. The LHC was built partially with the hopes of finding the elusive Higgs boson, a theorized but undiscovered particle which, if found, would sew up nicely our understanding of the relationship between mass and energy.

CERN...the start of the WWW. - now THAT was a Big Bang, for sure!

Interesting theory. Time will tell. Makes nice artwork though. Got this on the wall in the office...

post-20304-0-94610900-1312527361.jpg

"In order for precipitation to occur, a nucleating particle must be present to allow for aggregation of water molecules," said Michaud.

"There is growing evidence that these nuclei can be bacteria or other biological particles."

A plant pathogen known as Psuedomonas syringae is commonly at the root of precipitation events, because its outer surface is so efficient at collecting water molecules around it, said Brent Christner of Louisiana State University.

"Ice nucleating strains of P. syringae possess a gene that encodes a protein in their outer membrane that binds water molecules in an ordered arrangement," said Christner, who also presented research at the American Society for Microbiology in New Orleans.

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/1465/b4bbe67878b14128ab05f36e658478e5.jpg