I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/03/garystubelickepic.jpg

"This image is the result of Drawing and Painting with light during a prolonged exposure. The camera was on a tripod and the shutter was held open with a cable release. I then jumped into the scene and ran around the Front Loader tracing it with Highway Flares. The bucket was filled with sparklers. Total Time of the exposure was 40 minutes..."

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

"This image is the result of Drawing and Painting with light during a prolonged exposure. The camera was on a tripod and the shutter was held open with a cable release. I then jumped into the scene and ran around the Front Loader tracing it with Highway Flares. The bucket was filled with sparklers. Total Time of the exposure was 40 minutes..."

That's a brilliant pic.

I hope she enjoys it too! If she suffers from motion sickness it would be best to get some tablets for that, it's not the boat ride that usually gets people but the few minutes before going down when your sitting "still" putting kit on and waiting. After that it's plain sailing! smile.png

After having done a discover scuba dive in Comoros that was just out of this world, I did my open water in Aliwal as well but this was 6 years back. So now in my family we have 7 divers!

yeah Im going to suggest she takes some tablets. im lucky i dont get sick.

but a friend of mine suffered heavily when we were diving, as you say. that brief time when the boat stops and you get sorted and into the water. he still enjoyed the dive but im sure he felt like death. he was still throwing up on the back of the landy heading to the dive centre

How come you don't show up in the pic?

Where? Wouldn't mind visiting that next year when we are there.

Sorry,one in the photo is in Kleven in the Ukraine.

The one in Toulouse,France is much shorter.

How come you don't show up in the pic?

Photoshop. The person would have been visible but almost in a ghostly image as the bulb is open on camera settings and the bright light is taking preference(similar to when u see blurred tail lights in a photo of cars on a highway at night). The photographer would then either use lasoo(marching ants) or magic wand to cut the person out then layer it for the flare to take preference(content aware) or layer it into the background image. Hope this helps. Thats why i spend so many thousands on edit equipment, the possibilities are almost endless. if u look at the top left of the cab u will see a slight mistake from the cutiing out of the person. The smoke stops, has a straight line then carries on. as there was not enough smoke, the content aware was not 100% sure where to cut him out thats why there is a sudden line break in the smoke, could have feathered it slightly so it was not so harsh but im being too critical. Its a really good image with alot of work going in to it. Thats atleast 4 hours work just on that 1 image Edited by Capcha Photography