• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I know very little about driving, but when I listen to this engine and compare it to that clip of the guy racing up the mountain, it sounds like these guys are always on and off the accelerator, surely abusing the clutch to cut speed would have been better ?

Traction...

I know very little about driving, but when I listen to this engine and compare it to that clip of the guy racing up the mountain, it sounds like these guys are always on and off the accelerator, surely abusing the clutch to cut speed would have been better ?

No If you are on the Clutch you carry rolling momentum as the car freewheels so this would make cornering crap as you'd be on the clutch and the brakes and not the accelerator... when I navigated back in the day my driver would hardly use the clutch, it was left foot braking with accelerator to line the car up for corners. If you listen closely here as well you can hear when the driver is changing gears ... in a good couple of corners he is banging down the gears using the compression to slow the car down and then smashing the accelerator out of the corner.

Edited by nigelhicks

No If you are on the Clutch you carry rolling momentum as the car freewheels so this would make cornering crap as you'd be on the clutch and the brakes and not the accelerator... when I navigated back in the day my driver would hardly use the clutch, it was left foot braking with accelerator to line the car up for corners. If you listen closely here as well you can hear when the driver is changing gears ... in a good couple of corners he is banging down the gears using the compression to slow the car down and then smashing the accelerator out of the corner.

On a team like this they're sporting a sequential box so he'll only use the clutch to pull off (using a clutch anywhere else wastes time and takes drive away from the wheels). Then like Nige says he'll just work through the gears when & where necessary.

Another reason to wear a seatbelt ..

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/170103-5/Trucks-collide-no-seat-belt.gif

This happened to me, except the other vehicle was a tree and not a car. I ended up with a fractured pelvis and nerve damage, wondering how I ended up lying on the pavement next to my car. I definitely should have been wearing a seatbelt...

Shared a sarmie with my best friend yesterday. She thought it was kinda sweet that it came to us heart-shaped… :wub:

post-1604-0-57381200-1373948323_thumb.jpg

I'd be upset .... where is the rest of the sarmie they cut off :)

I'd be upset .... where is the rest of the sarmie they cut off :)

I nibbled that bit before taking the pic… :blush: