I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

There used to be debate about the top 10 guitarist of all times. I used to rate David Gilmour in the top 5, just. After I saw that Fender 50th performance of his, I rate him in the top 3, easily! 

Then this should make you happy :) 

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Then this should make you happy :)

Richard Wright was great, his voice didn't do it for me and some stuff he wrote was just a tad too far in to pop for my liking, same as when Syd Barret was the lead vocalist, he was offbeat and his acid trips made him write weird stuff.

Waters is brilliant, has an ego bigger than the Universe but he is creative, his obsession with the war made him write funny sH!t  and he went off a tangent at times.

The most consistent guy in the band is Gilmour and he was actually "Johnny come late"

He carried the Pink Floyd name forward with Mason and Wright whilst Waters tried to sue them all.

Mason is an interesting guy, comes from a wealthy family, had a business where they buy exotic cars and these cars then get rented by wealthy folks who want a weekend jaunt in them.

This has turned in to a bit of an empire for him.

When Topgear wanted to get the F 50 for test ,they had an opinion between Jay Kay or Mason.

Mason took his car there for the episode.

Wright and Gilmour were very close, Wright played that keyboard very low key without being intimidating or overpowering.

He will be missed by many and I think Endless River is David's way of saying thanks to his friend and his way of allowing his friend a bit of a "frontman" role to all Pink Floyd fans.

It will be a good album, but let's not expect a Division Bell.

I read this morning that Gilmour is working on another solo album, if it's anything close to On an Island it will be a keeper .

Cant wait to get home so I can play all these youtube vids properly. Ipad will be plugged into hifi while I light the Thurday night braai.

I play the music in the office .... no problems here :)

Best end to a working day I have had in a while, thanks for the share...

Headed home to blast some old school tunes...

you calling the sheriff old and old school, oppas lightie :P

:whistling:  :oops:  :blush:

http://i50.tinypic.com/5frrd2.jpg

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/i-call-it-like-i-see-it-if-i-dont-see-it-i-make-it-up-63893.png