I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

can anyone explain the purpose of Afrika Burn/Burning Man?

based on the other responses its basically a place for all the cape town hipsters to go rook some boom and walk around in weird clothing (or kaalgat)

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

based on the other responses its basically a place for all the cape town hipsters to go rook some boom and walk around in weird clothing (or kaalgat)

There are a lot of Jhb poephols going down there to get om and dom in the sun as well

We had WOMAD in Benoni some years back. The mine dumps were kinda desert-like...at a bit of a push. Stuff was intentionally set alight, but I don't know if that stuff was intended to be set alight... 

There are a lot of Jhb poephols going down there to get om and dom in the sun as well

You should see the more positive side to these people, just saying

Or ohm. The purple type.

Guest notmyname

We had WOMAD in Benoni some years back. The mine dumps were kinda desert-like...at a bit of a push. Stuff was intentionally set alight, but I don't know if that stuff was intended to be set alight...

I just got to Benoni and I'm amazed at how much of Mount Benoni has been excavated.

Guest notmyname

This. I love festivals and will most crlertianly be at AB 2017. It's not everybody's cup of Chai.

I just got to Benoni and I'm amazed at how much of Mount Benoni has been excavated.

Sad that, hey. Our only real landmark. Made an effort to hike up and ride down it about three years ago.

Many more years ago, while I was at the local rag, I did an story about an architectural student who incorporated that dump into a sports centre for a project. It was awfully clever.

This. I love festivals and will most crlertianly be at AB 2017. It's not everybody's cup of Chai.

It does look like the ABurners have a ton of fun, express themselves in wacky ways and then burn stuff they paid for and doesn't influence the future of someone else' kids...

Oh I do.If i was 21 I would also head for the desert and drop some superman

I think it's a place one can go to if you want to get lucky......know what I mean......

Guest notmyname

Sad that, hey. Our only real landmark. Made an effort to hike up and ride down it about three years ago.

Many more years ago, while I was at the local rag, I did an story about an architectural student who incorporated that dump into a sports centre for a project. It was awfully clever.

It's crazy. Snake road off ramp will never be quite the same.

As for Burning man.....I just pulled a Walter Mitty on myself dreaming about all the vleisburgers one could perhaps encounter at an affair like this.....then went and educated myself via google....I am now a Burning Man expert.....

It appears it all started on a beach.....park rangers were unhappy about the burning and it was then moved to a desert with full permission to burn......looks like here in Seffrika we like to copy others.....mine dumps....Karoo and perhaps even Namibia next......but in the end of the day....this may not be my scene......but I do I think it could be one helluva fun weekend......suip....braai....naai en brand.......

Edited by BarHugger

It does look like the ABurners have a ton of fun, express themselves in wacky ways and then burn stuff they paid for and doesn't influence the future of someone else' kids...

I didn't even know things like these existed. .. and then I looked on the Web. . And twitter and I am still a bit huh, Regarding some of the tweets. [emoji23] [emoji23]

I didn't even know things like these existed. .. and then I looked on the Web. . And twitter and I am still a bit huh, Regarding some of the tweets. [emoji23] [emoji23]

I know, being married with kids does "limits" ones range of activities over weekends :clap:  :clap:  :clap: