I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

You will NOT overlap wheels!

You will NOT ride in bunches on aero bars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaQJB_bWA4c

it looks like his front wheel buckles? Surely that is not normal for a simple little wheel touch like that ... and then to lock your front wheel eish, but maybe because his wheel is buckled.

On another note, and this is a safety one for us Noob's. How realistic is it to avoid no having crossed wheels when riding in a big bunch. I mean there are wheels everywhere, do you just either work harder to ride next to people (left and right), or do you always keep slowling down?

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, and this is a safety one for us Noob's. How realistic is it to avoid no having crossed wheels when riding in a big bunch. I mean there are wheels everywhere, do you just either work harder to ride next to people (left and right), or do you always keep slowing down?

Riding next to the bunch would defeat the purpose (I like to 'save' myself for the last 3rd of races.) But just try and stay behind the one or two (2 guys along side one another) wheels that are in front of you. But when riding in a bunch you should be looking at least at the 3rd rider in front of you, that way if something happens you have time to react and on the plus side you're not constantly focused on how close the people are around you which obviously eases the nerves. :)

Edited by Helpmytrap

it looks like his front wheel buckles? Surely that is not normal for a simple little wheel touch like that ... and then to lock your front wheel eish, but maybe because his wheel is buckled.

I think looking at that, he broke spokes, hence the massive wobble, you can see that his front wheel went into the guy in fronts quick release,

But the chop, riding bars in a bunch should drawer and quartered, his luck nobody was hurt, it could of end much worse off.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/b2/4b240dba-c9b4-11df-8891-001cc4c002e0/4c9fb9cbdc77b.preview-300.jpg