Rider Down

Java001

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why dont they send this chap overseas to race if he is so good?

Lets see how far he gets racing track in EU

Either he will do well or he will come home soon with a broken bone or 2

Seems CSA have failed Cycling and the riders yet again.

Word is that this little hol-tant has only been given a 2month ban, going into the winter season its going to count for squat. :thumbdown:

Suppose when he kills some1 he might get a year.

Well done CSA :clap: , u prooved how useless u realy are

It was known on the day of the incident that CSA would NOT take strong action; more than likely the CSA decision makers are as divided about whether the youngster's actions were right or wrong, as the many hubbers who posted here !

Looking at the various comments ( even if some were in jest ?)

The bottom line here is that cycling at a higher level is not for sissies.

The track is not for sissies/angels

Toughen the f*&k up.

But that's what track is about

Track is vicious you are soft, and shouldnt take part in any sport where there is a chance of being injured!

PS You guys are soft!

,I wonder what suspension, if any, would be handed down if all evidence had to be presented on the Hub and voting had to take place.

There are many who still think if you replace riding ability & skill with aggression or add aggression to skills, that you will convert cycling into a really mean and nasty contact sport like cage fighting and make the cyclist seem like a really tough guy almost as if one has to compete with Bakkies Botha in the scrums. Or show the spectators that we might dress a bit funny, but for in case you don't believe it, we are really tough and dangerous "one of the main manne".

CSA has got some serious political pressure here - a long or life ban would have excluded Daniels from a World Squad that is already VERY light on colour and transformation/development riders. Remember a lot of funding is via Government and Lotto and if you don't meet the criteria, you don't get the funding. Whether a youngster like this is what you want as representation at Worlds, as one of the posters remarked, is another question altogether.

Below to give hubbers an insight into where CSA is going with Youth Cycling, an extract of the participation criteria that has to be met at their upcoming Youth Festival on 27 June 2011.

Cycling South Africa – Youth Events Team composition

Type A category (Junior Men, Junior Women and U/16 Boys)

1. 6 male cyclists, which must have a team composition of 4 cyclists from one cultural background with an

additional two from a different cultural background.

2. 2 female cyclists from any cultural background.

3. If the 4 male riders are predominantly white, then the PDI riders must be of colour.

4. If the 4 male riders are predominantly of colour, then the additional 2 cyclists should be white.

5. If teams do not have the above mix of riders they will be penalized with - 50 points. Effectively it means that this

team cannot win the team competition.

6. Should affiliates be unable to field a team of the correct demographics, they may still compete, but will do so as incomplete teams, and will not be eligible for the team competition. They may compete in the inter-provincial competition, but will be penalized accordingly.

Edited by Java001

Below to give hubbers an insight into where CSA is going with Youth Cycling, an extract of the participation criteria that has to be met at their upcoming Youth Festival on 27 June 2011.

Cycling South Africa – Youth Events Team composition

Type A category (Junior Men, Junior Women and U/16 Boys)

1. 6 male cyclists, which must have a team composition of 4 cyclists from one cultural background with an

additional two from a different cultural background.

2. 2 female cyclists from any cultural background.

3. If the 4 male riders are predominantly white, then the PDI riders must be of colour.

4. If the 4 male riders are predominantly of colour, then the additional 2 cyclists should be white.

5. If teams do not have the above mix of riders they will be penalized with - 50 points. Effectively it means that this

team cannot win the team competition.

6. Should affiliates be unable to field a team of the correct demographics, they may still compete, but will do so as incomplete teams, and will not be eligible for the team competition. They may compete in the inter-provincial competition, but will be penalized accordingly.

CSA is so far behind the rest of the world in Cycling,it will take another 10 years to wake up.

Where is this junior event?

I have been watching a few of the local juniors since the Cyclo-cross season and these under 16 kids can ride...even the girls kick some serious ass.

CSA is so far behind the rest of the world in Cycling,it will take another 10 years to wake up.

Where is this junior event?

I have been watching a few of the local juniors since the Cyclo-cross season and these under 16 kids can ride...even the girls kick some serious ass.

Cycling South Africa – Youth Events

Dates for Cycling South Africa’s 2011 Youth Events

The series planned for 2011 will consist of three events structured as follows at the following locations.

Series 1 Paarl – Boland 7th – 10th April 2011

Series 2 Oudtshoorn – Southern Cape 27th June – 1st July 2011

Series 3 Gariep Dam – Free State 5th – 8th October 2011

Venues for Cycling South Africa’s 2011 Youth Events

Series 1 Paarl – Boland Road Cycling – Track Cycling – MTB – BMX – Disabled

Series 2 Oudtshoorn Road Cycling – MTB – Disabled – BMX

Series 3 Gariep Dam Road Cycling – MTB – Disabled – BMX

Each Youth event will be hosted over a minimum of three days, and will include different competitions taking place with the disciplines and age related categories.

As emphasis of the Youth Events is placed on team competition and mass participation, the events are structured in such a way that points will be awarded to every participant.

It is essential to understand that the vision of Cycling South Africa includes cross pollination of the youth at a young age as well as the diversification of team composition in our quest to build a well represented cycling nation.

Emphasis is on youth, as such, any youngster may compete, all he/she requires is a Cycling South Africa Cyclo Sport license.

Whereas there is a focus on cycling as a team sport, individuals whom through circumstance or location are unable to be included in a team or province, will still be allowed to compete in the spirit of participation.

oh yipee. How the google is going to gariep dam of all places taking the sport to the youth??

how do spectator youngsters go to gariep ? with their parents? Not.

So why dont they send this chap overseas to race if he is so good?

Lets see how far he gets racing track in EU

Either he will do well or he will come home soon with a broken bone or 2

The only thing this guy is good at is riding someone elses wheel. If you get the opportunity to watch any of his races you will never see him on the front - but then maybe you should not waste your time - always just sucking wheel - and this is supposed to be talent - ha ha what a joke.

Java001. Cycling is not for sissies that i agree with.

Just as amatter of interest.

How long have you been riding, and how much competitive

track racing have you actually done. Also how many times have

you fallen and broken bones or been caried off on a stretcher.

Any one who rides at a very competitive level has to be tough

otherwise they would not be racing. So when you have broken more than a

collar bone or seen a friend crash next to you or in front of you and carried

off with a blanket covering him completely after been pronounced dead, and you

still have the balls to get back on your bike and carry on racing, then comment

on who needs to toughen up. Other wise please keep your sinical comments to your self.

Further more this is about doing the right thing when it comes to diciplining a young rider

before a fatal accident occurs.

Edited by Big G

This is second hand, as I cannot contact the rider concerned at the moment, but I am confident the source is reliable.

During this years Cape Cobra a formal complaint was laid against Mr Daniels by one of our clubs Cat3 riders. Daniels had been guttered and when he was having difficulty pushing back in threatened to remove the bike from under our rider unless he was let in. Our rider would not be considered "advantaged" so the race card could not be played should this incident be used as further evidence of his danger to other cyclists.

Java001. Cycling is not for sissies that i agree with.

Just as amatter of interest.

How long have you been riding, and how much competitive

track racing have you actually done. Also how many times have

you fallen and broken bones or been caried off on a stretcher.

Any one who rides at a very competitive level has to be tough

otherwise they would not be racing. So when you have broken more than a

collar bone or seen a friend crash next to you or in front of you and carried

off with a blanket covering him completely after been pronounced dead, and you

still have the balls to get back on your bike and carry on racing, then comment

on who needs to toughen up. Other wise please keep your sinical comments to your self.

Further more this is about doing the right thing when it comes to diciplining a young rider

before a fatal accident occurs.

Read his post again. He was highlighting what had been said on this thread, not what he personally believes.

Big G, you just got yourself all tied up in knots.

Java001 is the person who has been shouting from the rooftops that this chappie needs to be harshly disciplined - even removed from the sport - and that this behaviour needs to be stamped out.

Whatever you are upset about, has nothing to do with any post from Java001.

Note to self: What am I doing? Fighting someone else's fight for them? I'm outa here.

Big G, you just got yourself all tied up in knots.

Java001 is the person who has been shouting from the rooftops that this chappie needs to be harshly disciplined - even removed from the sport - and that this behaviour needs to be stamped out.

Whatever you are upset about, has nothing to do with any post from Java001.

Note to self: What am I doing? Fighting someone else's fight for them? I'm outa here.

Thanks Velo & tombeej - Big G, yes maybe you misunderstood my comments ?

Just to reiterate - I honestly believed that all decent cylists would have had a major problem with culpable homicide behaviour like this in any form of cycling; I was therefore troubled by comments made by other hubbers which appeared to label cycling as a physically aggresive sport, which then somehow served to make this type of behaviour normal/acceptable or justified it in some way.

These comments NOT MADE BY ME were "The bottom line here is that cycling at a higher level is not for sissies."/" The track is not for sissies/angels"/"Toughen the f*&k up"/"But that's what track is about"/ "Track is vicious you are soft, and shouldnt take part in any sport where there is a chance of being injured!"/"PS You guys are soft!"e.t.c

So yes, I believe that this youngster and his family has had enough opportunity to "perform and reform" and should serve a very long if not indefinite ban from the sport of cycling and his behaviour should not be rewarded by inclusion into a World Squad.

Big G, I think we actually agree, but even if we did not, I would not want to cloud this very specific issue with your and my personal cycling achievements, which will really never be relevant to this at all.

For the record, though - I have had my fair share of spills, but have only been stretchered off in rugby and never in cycling. I am usually so far ahead of or far behind the bunch ( take your pick !)that I have no need nor sane reason to grab handelbars !

I have seen the official report regarding the outcome of the hearing. The first charge being the handle bar pulling incident - PLEA - NOT GUILTY

Now for goodness sake this itself is even more reason to come down harder on him, as highlighted in JAVA001 post " perform and reform" where he had an opportunity to redeem himself a bit. Insteed he denies this,after videos and frame by frame photos show excacly what he did. He shows no remorse for his actions which tells me he WILL do this again. And the outcome 1 month ban - so there you go guys , you can pull another riders bars causing him to crash, defy the rider safety at all times UCI rule and all you will get is a 1 month ban. Brilliant CSA.

It still intrigues me that this thread is going despite the fact that this rider and/or his family is not here to represent his views.

That is uncool.

Action has been taken by the officials.

So be it.

May the offending rider learn his lesson.

May the other rider recover quickly.

Java. Applogies for not reading your original comments and i do agree with them.

Lets hope those that be will do what is necessary.

Again my apologies.