Dual suspension vs Hardtail

kevink

Take it from somebody who has done both. Started on a superlight hardtail, then I saw the light and put my ass on a dual. Will never ever ride a ht again.

Amen brother. Felt so strongly about it, I decided to get two full sussers just to get the point across. If you like pissing around on tar (heaven forbid!!) and jeeptrack get a hardtail, but if you wanna play with the big boys in the mountains get a full susser.

depends an what you want to do.

For a one bike concept, consider a steel HT. THis may sound funny bt steel has a lot more "forgive" than carbon or alu, so gives a softer ride (no need for the dual then?!) Also consider 29er wheels if you want softer ride. One friend says that a steel 29er does not need any suspension.

Also consider a ossulating bb or slot drop outs. You never know when you would like to go single.......

THere is also a thing called maintenance, and very few bikes come ith a maintenance plan, so factor that in before buying sponsorware. In the end it is all your choice, remember ride quality means different things to different people.

Take it from somebody who has done both. Started on a superlight hardtail, then I saw the light and put my ass on a dual. Will never ever ride a ht again.

Amen brother. Felt so strongly about it, I decided to get two full sussers just to get the point across. If you like pissing around on tar (heaven forbid!!) and jeeptrack get a hardtail, but if you wanna play with the big boys in the mountains get a full susser.

Pffft...

post-20304-0-52774500-1305559972.jpg

Riding Teak place (rocky) again last week on my hard-tail reminded me why I bought a soft-tail - the ride is just sweeter :-)

I would buy a hard-tail if you are concerned about cost as you'll be getting a better bike and components for equivalent money or if you're racing (but then you wouldn't be asking here because you'd know what you need)

Soft-tail is generally nicer for all round riding so if you can afford one, buy one.

Id rather lick this; thanks anway

Lick THIS...

post-16512-0-33092000-1305561699.jpg

Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

How about this

I'm with Stevie on this one.

You kids have fun licking your bike, I'd rather lick the danish chick!

I'm with Stevie on this one.

You kids have fun licking your bike, I'd rather lick the danish chick!

Hey kerels ek weet nie. Daardie Danish chick se arms is darem net te gespierd. Ek sal die bike vat. Of sy moet n langmou top aantrek :D

Hey... at least he didn't start another 26" Vs 29" thread :thumbup:

I would like to add here that i recently spent time in France and Italy. Killing time on airports i paged through allot of cycling mags in both countries. In no single mag did i see anything about 29 ers whatsoever! Makes you think..................

hey thanks guys...

im just looking for a new frame for my xc mtb.. I can dicide to get a ht or fs.. im mostley riding xc so i think carbon HT will do.:)

anyone got a really nice CHEAP carbon hardtail Medium frame to sell?? :D

thanks alot guys for the replys.

I have a hardtail now, and even though I've always ridden HT's (think since I had my little black police bike 29 odd years ago) and have learnt an amazing amount of stuff about lines, handling and how to treat a bike thanks to the bronco underneath me, would definitely get an FS if I were looking for a new bike. If you're starting out, I'd go hardtail. If not, then FS. The differences between HT & FS on a racing circuit really aren't that huge to be overly concerned. The main thing to be concerned about is how comfortable you are with the bike itself.

I'd take the FS purely because I don't want my ass to suffer when all I want to do is go for a leisurely ride somewhere. Having said that, I'm mainly out of the seat, so it's really my legs that take the brunt of it!

I would like to add here that i recently spent time in France and Italy. Killing time on airports i paged through allot of cycling mags in both countries. In no single mag did i see anything about 29 ers whatsoever! Makes you think..................

Funny that, the UK magazines are jam packed with 29er "facts" and head to head tests...

Yip...also saw no 29ers on my recent trip to Lake Garda and the Dolomites...none whatsoever!

I think they just get on with the riding over there and do not worry so much about the equipment.