Dual suspension vs Hardtail

kevink

Ok, I will humour you.

The best bike is the bike that has been set up perfectly for you. And again it will be horses for courses. At Babba's lodge here in Gauteng, you can win on a rigid!!! But at Sabie a FS will make you faster!

Back to XC - in PMB during the world champs, (ja man ek bedoel the world cup event - Thanks WW) a HT was good enough and a FS a bit too much. In fact, a 26" HT was good enough for the course!

Edited by MJ loves MTB

If you 30 years old and younger get a HT if you an old fart like me 40 plus get a DS if between 30-40 its your call

MY PERSONAL OPINION WOULD BE A NICE RIDGID HARDTAIL THEY ARE RESPONSIVE ,LIGHT AND ALL THE POWER GOES STRAIGHT TO THE WHEEL ,I THINK THE ONLY FS OPTION FOR ME WOULD BE A CANNONDALE SCALPEL THAT WAS IF THE BUDGET WOULD ALLOW.

Just two posts and you are already starting crap?

Nee man!

Hey... at least he didn't start another 26" Vs 29" thread :thumbup:

this thread is so 2009.... :unsure:

I have both 26 HT and 26 DS

i use the correct bike for the spesific race...

Edited by Skaap

But is he looking at a XC , AM , FR or DH bike ?

Sorry I see it will definitly me XC . Then I can only recommend you get a Morewood .

Edited by dirt-rider

DS - without a doubt!

Life is good on my DS, won't survive with something else - go for the 'lock-out' option that Scott provides...

...you can lockout front and back or front or back and it is with a simple lever on your handle bars!

This is awesome - best of both worlds!

(This is of course the short quick answer)

Edited by hayleyearth

Take it from somebody who has done both. Started on a superlight hardtail, then I saw the light and put my ass on a dual. Will never ever ride a ht again.

Choose any bike from the Morewood range :)

As per most of the posts above more info would be useful.

Another consideration. Would you do long distance marathons and what is your cycling history?