[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Wanna swop, I got an E :blink: Surely I cant be an E seeding, hhhmmm or maybe I am??

Now you can't stalk me like you do in all the rides :lol: But in all seriousness - you will probably catch up with me, I haven't been on the mtb in a while (8 months) due to other small commitments (like IM ;) )

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you can't stalk me like you do in all the rides :lol: But in all seriousness - you will probably catch up with me, I haven't been on the mtb in a while (8 months) due to other small commitments (like IM ;) )

hahahhaah, I will see you there :thumbup:

I wonder if PPA got confused with seedings! It sounds like strong riders will start at back and weak riders start at the front.

Maybe they expect everybody to finish at same time....

I think that some of the confusion relates to how the groups are divided, see me post earlier with the starting times.

If you are in B you start first group for 60km. F is first group for 42km, K is first group for 30km and P first for 15km.

F group is actually the A bunch of the 42km race!!.

I wonder if PPA got confused with seedings! It sounds like strong riders will start at back and weak riders start at the front.

Maybe they expect everybody to finish at same time....

Agree'd, wich means I have to cycle my ass off to go past the slow riders before hitting the single track...I am going to be super annoyed I know it already!

Agree'd, wich means I have to cycle my ass off to go past the slow riders before hitting the single track...I am going to be super annoyed I know it already!

Were does the single track start? Km what roughly? Im starting in H for the 42km race <_< <_<

I think that some of the confusion relates to how the groups are divided, see me post earlier with the starting times.

If you are in B you start first group for 60km. F is first group for 42km, K is first group for 30km and P first for 15km.

We understand what you said...we are just saying that there are stronger riders (ones with better results or more in it to race) in group J than in group F (for the 42km) or in group E than in B (for the 60km) - these will have to push through everyone in anyway.

Were does the single track start? Km what roughly? Im starting in H for the 42km race <_< <_<

HAHA...seems like they put most of the 'Hubbers' in "H"...I like it! Maybe we can get a 'TheHub' sponsord jersey and we all "H" starters ride with that! :rolleyes:

Which was exactly my point, I shouldn't be in the A bunch for the 42km's, although I'm not complaining :-)

Hey, do you guys think this light rain is a good or a bad thing?

Uhmmm.....YES!!! Plants need rain to survive!!!

Im already loving the race snakes bitching about slow riders and seeding, not that I am slow or a race snake, but c'mon peeps every single year seeding is a mess, and you will get noobs in front of you, you will get stuck in traffic, and you probably will run into a mommy and her 9 year old towards the end.

Though looking at the profile, if your as fast as you think you are you should be able to pass most of the slower riders quite quickly without hassle before you get to the bottlenecks.

2500 people sharing the same peace of earth, its obvious whats going to happen lol.

Which was exactly my point, I shouldn't be in the A bunch for the 42km's, although I'm not complaining :-)

Yeah in the good old days they used the complicated formula off

a-a

a-b

a-c

a-d

a-f

I can see how thats utterly confusing compared to their current way of doing it.

Lol Dirt Rider at least haeley will be easy to spot, just look for the bike full of bubble bath :clap:

hmm covie, last year I was well up front and had some bottlenecking on the single tracks sections.. of much greater concern was the slower riders up and especially down papagaaiberg...

but yes we manage to live even with slower riders :)

although I recall some kid breaking his arm 2 years back at the finish of the Argus mtb. Top guys are comin gat 40 kph and the lighteys are doing 5 and weaving...not a good combo.