Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I thought I would try my hand at shooting the Friday jump session...

Thanks to Patches et al for entertaining me...

I battled at the begining, my norm for shooting fishing pics is, open the f-stop and play with everything else.

This failed badly!! but I started coming right, but by then had lost the light, and I was fighting the flash and the time, and it didn't go as planned, however, I learnt plenty, FAST!

Here's some of the pics...

@sheriff, and anyone else, pre and post production...

Just for an idea on what you can do with a little effort in post production.

Nice shots,

It takes a while to get the hang of shooting riding, especially when you don't have the sun in your favor.

Without a flash you want to push you ISO up without loosing too much quality, and shoot around 1/300th, f-stop you don't want to go too wide or you start loosing depth of field.

what software do you use to edit? check if there is a noise reduction, I know the Adobe photoshop reduction is pretty good.

this is when the sun is just right

post-4310-0-77179600-1403472849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peach.

Nice shots,

It takes a while to get the hang of shooting riding, especially when you don't have the sun in your favor.

Without a flash you want to push you ISO up without loosing too much quality, and shoot around 1/300th, f-stop you don't want to go too wide or you start loosing depth of field.

this is when the sun is just right

post-4310-0-77179600-1403472849_thumb.jpg

Yip, that is a cracker!

I had the sun just right at the start, but my lack of talent at the beginning, took me 45 mins to get it sorted. And then it was a battle against the light, the flash, the ISO, the everything.

I am so used to shooting with conditions I can control and have been hosing down for the last 15 years, that I was trying to think back to my fundamentals.

I loved it, just trying to figure it out.

Can't wait to go again, better equipped in the head.

Yip, that is a cracker!

I had the sun just right at the start, but my lack of talent at the beginning, took me 45 mins to get it sorted. And then it was a battle against the light, the flash, the ISO, the everything.

I am so used to shooting with conditions I can control and have been hosing down for the last 15 years, that I was trying to think back to my fundamentals.

I loved it, just trying to figure it out.

Can't wait to go again, better equipped in the head.

Those jumps are tricky, the sun is only in the right place for very short.

Whenever I shoot there I pretty much always use a off camera flash, it helps a lot but unfortunately my setup can only sync at 1/200

No flash

post-4310-0-76125900-1403474025_thumb.jpg

Flash

post-4310-0-52943800-1403474018_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-10964100-1403474033_thumb.jpg