Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

i was using my trusty bridge camera - and yeah it's all in jpegs.

it will just have to do I guess. Tx.

What happened to the photographer?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the photographer?

shame they were on a really tight budget so they got a friend with a fancy camera to help out. he missed some of the quintessential wedding shots - i haven't seen any official pics from their wedding so I imagine there aren't any - otherwise she'd have been proudly showing them off :blush:

@ Uni, pm me links to some of your pics, i will advise what can be done. im a graphic designer and a phographer

Edited by nazmo

Ouch

With what did you take the pictures? Phone?

If its in Jpeg there isnt much you can do though..

If the ISO was very high it sometimes makes the picture more grainy, especially on older cameras.

Depends on the grain, depends where the gran primarily is. ISO is also relative to the camera. Colour balance is relatively easy to fix. Cannot speculate until I have a look. JPG's are not as bad as they made out to be, so I would not be too concerned about that.

If the ISO was very high it sometimes makes the picture more grainy, especially on older cameras.

Depends on the camera, my 7 D is pretty good up to 1600, my 5 D up to around 2400 and my X-100 up to 3400

Thanks, but I wasnt asking?

Depends on the camera, my 7 D is pretty good up to 1600, my 5 D up to around 2400 and my X-100 up to 3400

....and that is (among other reasons) why your low light pictures are always fantastic! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

There are other Hubbers that DO appreciate your input.

post-5455-1407392387,3572.jpg

Did you take that Gummi.? It looks to me like a shot from the old port in Marseilles looking up to the Notre-dame de la Garde Church.? Lovely photo.

I have spent many Sundays at the Notre-Dame de la Garde mass, its a beautiful church and you can see out over almost the whole of Marseille and the surrounding Med.

Afterwards I always like to wonder around the old port, exactly where the photo was taken, and on Sundays they have a wonderful fresh fish market, the fishermen bring their boats up to the dock side and offload their mornings catch which is sold.

Behind that row of apartments on the dock side is an open square where there is always some activity and in the very corner is a steak restaurant where the owner even has South African wines on the menu, last time I had a wonderful bottle of Alto Rouge with my steak, the wine expensive by SA standards but not for the Frenchies, he says the guests love it, one of his better sellers.

His steaks are great as well, cooked right in front of you over a huge open pit with a proper wood fire, no gas cooking here, on Sundays they have a side of beef cooking over the fire and you can have as much as you like, you just go carve it off.

Marseille is a wonderful city, brings back lots of memories.