Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

This guy seems to be on a roll.....

12657206_10153370653571179_9157246093136

Where did you get this photo from Anton?

(I follow him on Flickr and a different version was published there.)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get this photo from Anton?

(I follow him on Flickr and a different version was published there.)

Hi Zatopek....yes I got it from him...he sent it to me on whatsapp a bit earlier and then I also saw it on the book of faces.....what is his instagram handle ?

Two sunset shots from when we visited Oviston last year.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Fruitloop80/DSCN0670_zpsthnxrpzh.jpghttp://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Fruitloop80/DSCN1041_zps2ivjimtb.jpg

This guy seems to be on a roll.....

12657206_10153370653571179_9157246093136

For a split second Jozi looked attractive, then I remembered that I have actually been there.

Nice pic though. Makes me wonder though if all the lovely ladies gracing the covers of magazines are really so lovely then? It's scary what a camera can do...

For a split second Jozi looked attractive, then I remembered that I have actually been there.

Nice pic though. Makes me wonder though if all the lovely ladies gracing the covers of magazines are really so lovely then? It's scary what a talented photographer can do...

FYP

Guest notmyname

Nice pic though. Makes me wonder though if all the lovely ladies gracing the covers of magazines are really so lovely then? It's scary what a camera can do...

Dude, your jozi bashing is pathetic. As I said in the Where we ride thread, "there always has to be one". You Karl seem to go out of your way to be the dingle cherry on top of the sphincter cake.

FYP

I agree Myles...

hahahaha, for a minute there I was trying to interpret your comment. I was thinking you tuned me in the typical "Cape Flats" dialect...you know what I mean?

Although, dabbing in picturing myself, I will never underestimate / undervalue the creative genius of a good photographer. Ever..But a good set of equipment has never hurt anyone either. That's why we all try ride the best bikes we can buy and get the best equipment we can afford. Cause it makes a difference.

Dude, your jozi bashing is pathetic. As I said in the Where we ride thread, "there always has to be one". You Karl seem to go out of your way to be the dingle cherry on top of the sphincter cake.

Sorry you feel that way. I am not saying Jozi is a kuk place, and I apologize for offending if you see it that way. All I'm saying is that normally when I'm there, it's grey/brown skies and generally dreary. (I do fly in and out a fair bit, and will pass though again on Sunday.)

Jozi is a lekker place, and you okes are really jacked up there.

My comment was meant in terms of the pic. Reality versus what is shown.

disclaimer - If you ever meet me, one of the first things I usually will say it that if you take me seriously, you will usually end up being a basket case.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oddpix1/

https://www.facebook.com/landscapeguyanton

3+ versions are then floating around.

I like his photos

So then........to avoid the face.....

post-41755-0-69376900-1454496637_thumb.jpg

Credit to Wyatt Earp for starting this thread........

Credit to Anton for spoiling us........

Credit to the Sheriff for keeping a tight leash..........

(However still needs to work on his wedding fototjie neem skills)

Edited by BarHugger

Guest notmyname

Sorry you feel that way. I am not saying Jozi is a kuk place, and I apologize for offending if you see it that way. All I'm saying is that normally when I'm there, it's grey/brown skies and generally dreary. (I do fly in and out a fair bit, and will pass though again on Sunday.)

Jozi is a lekker place, and you okes are really jacked up there.

My comment was meant in terms of the pic. Reality versus what is shown.

disclaimer - If you ever meet me, one of the first things I usually will say it that if you take me seriously, you will usually end up being a basket case.

Apologies from me too. I didn't realise your experience of the city were based on very limited exposure. Lesson learned.

Apologies again.

neilneilneilneil○

Edited by Small Fry

the privilege of being able to see ANY city from an angle you don't normally get to see usually I find offers a new point of view that is less jaded than the experience we have going through the motions. 

Walking (or cycling) the streets of downtown joburg early on a Sunday morning - it's amazing how you can find beauty in what is a usually filthy, noisy quagmire of waste strewn about. 

I had the opportunity to ride along Park Station during a full moon ride - oddly beautiful. 

So after this discussion yesterday I decided to chat with 'he who shall not be mentioned' and he is rather secretive as to how he goes about these images exactly....but I will say the man seems to have gone full tilt...he also informed me that he is busy with a project that captures Johannesburg....it's inner beauty and "allure" as he called it.....look at this....as I said....full tilt....

This one I found on the 94.7 Facebook page....

12646698_10153367991841179_9031708868093

And then these....

12615712_10153366159536179_1039031228956

12694802_10153371304211179_2706249923614

12628537_10153371364131179_4267453843466

• 2 weeks later...