Cajees and Giant fail to please !!!

Heavy legs

The fact the brakes we not working is the shop or Shimano fault, not Giants - They mearly make the frames. They have no control of how the bike gets put together after it left the factory, it gets sent in a box. Its down to the shop to make sure its all working 100%

Another BIG Giant fan no noubt... Point taken , but at the end of the day, as a consumer, I still bought the end product, and the Giant agents were contacted by the shop to assist with the problem. That it what people need to understand, most people out their consider a product as what they buy at the end of teh day, teh final product, and all the peaces need to fit together and function as a whole. I ride a Giant MTB, not a Giant frame, with..... Brakes, and .... seat , and .... tyres.... etc.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare yourself some injury and just take the bike to Epic Sports in centurion. They will sort the brakes for you. How sure are you Cajees even contacted Giant?

Now THERE is some sense !!! Andre at Epic is busy with the bike as we speak. I was next to them when they were on the phone to the rep.

Pity you bought it before the new consumer protection act came into play. You could have taken it back and demanded you money back.

if you want a bike's chain to slip , or a bikes gears to be out, get your bike serviced :D :D :D

Another BIG Giant fan no noubt... Point taken , but at the end of the day, as a consumer, I still bought the end product, and the Giant agents were contacted by the shop to assist with the problem. That it what people need to understand, most people out their consider a product as what they buy at the end of teh day, teh final product, and all the peaces need to fit together and function as a whole. I ride a Giant MTB, not a Giant frame, with..... Brakes, and .... seat , and .... tyres.... etc.

Yes a huge Giant fan thanks, I ride a Giant Trance x2 myself. I am still of the opinion that it is up to Cajees to sort it out, not Giant.

sigh....

you buy bikes and stuff from cajees, thats it. but they should not be allowed to touch the thing, not even assemble, haggle them down, buy at the good price, and take to a proper mechanic to reassemble and service from thereon. simple

Unless their is something wrong with your frame it has zero to do with Giant, and no I am not a Giant fan, I only ride Scott's and GT's. Its the mechanic's incompetence not being able to sort out your brake issue.

In future support proper bicycle shops with guys with passion for it

I have a policy that I will never do cycling business with a non cyclist. If you enter a bike shop and a fat boy with hairy legs wants to help you, turn and leave. Us cyclists are difficult people so its better that a cyclist helps us in a bike shop. He or she will understand us, advise us correctly and there will be no need for any post purchase fights.

If you enter a bike shop and a fat boy with hairy legs wants to help you, turn and leave.

OI!!!!! No hating on me!!!!! :angry: :angry:

No you ride a Giant mtb with Shimano components...same is if the shock fails, it is rock shocks problem or who ever, it could have happen to any bike brand...not Giant's...and yes I am a Giant fan as their MTB's can sure as hell be ridden!! And for Cajees...that is a valid point....you bought the bike from them, maybe since you noticed how sucky their service is and stuff that the problem was with Cajees for assembling the bike wrong.....clearly sounds like a brake bleed problem or something that Cajees should be able to sort out...but they didn't. I think you unreasonable towards Giant....if it was Trek, Merida or who ever...it won't be their fault....

Fatima <<<<< thats ur problem right there (is she cycling much?) , like other s have said none of the people @ cajees seem to cycle ,so have no knowledge of how things happen on a bike ..

they think its plug&play , cash pay .. :thumbdown:

Edited by 2nutz

I bought my Giant at Cajees beginning of the year and had no problems. Got it a hell of a lot cheaper than any of the other bike shops could give it to me. For the service I took it to one of the bike shops I knew had the technical knowledge to work on it. You need to decide what you want. Pay more for something and have a technical discussion about it or pay a good price for what you want?

I bought my Giant at Cajees beginning of the year and had no problems. Got it a hell of a lot cheaper than any of the other bike shops could give it to me. For the service I took it to one of the bike shops I knew had the technical knowledge to work on it. You need to decide what you want. Pay more for something and have a technical discussion about it or pay a good price for what you want?

I would sincerly hope I get both when I buy a bike, your'e spending a lot of money here.