Tubeless Valves

Chubba

Did that happen using a floor pump?

I hate handpumps. I use a bomb rather in case of emergency and only use the pump if the bombs blow up.

If its the twisty thing, i fixed a tubless valve that broke recently by taking out the twisty thing from an old tube and stuck it in. - Works!

Further to last post... I've used Stans yellow rim tape, valves and sealant since going tubeless and never had any problems. The other day I couldn't find stock anywhere so I bought some American Classic rim tape out of desperation. Didn't stick to the rim as nice as Stans and when I added the sealant, it managed to work it's way under the tape where it overlapped. The tape also tore in half where the valve goes, so I won't be using AC tubeless stuff again.

Did the whole thing break or just the thingy that you twist open?

the entire valve stem, snapped off just above the rim.

Did that happen using a floor pump?

I hate handpumps. I use a bomb rather in case of emergency and only use the pump if the bombs blow up.

i was using a BBB floor pump to add more air into the tire.

i think you need to go for Anger Management sesions

Is it true that you've been heard telling Chuck Norris that he is ugly and that his mother dresses him funny?

i also broke an AC one, 2days later another dude comes to me asking if i have a spare valve, he also broke his AC valve. . .

those ac valves are crap!

Edited by JanMTB

Got a set of stans valves....one for the wheel, one for backup when the other valve snaps.

the ac valves are paper thin, you have to be really careful. The stans valves have lasted me years. Schwalbe also have decent looking valves now and I also have Campy tubeless valves. really good but short.