Most desirable road bike?

StevieL

Fondriest R10 - R17 999, 1 295g

Let's be fair to Pinarello and not include manufacturer's claimed weights. After all, Pina claim a Dogma frame weighs 950g. That is, however, the raw frame without any paint or fittings. Add those on and it hits 1200g.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the Colnago brand?

Those bikes were in my dream bike list for years and years, but over the last few years, they haven't really featured. I'm not saying they are not good bikes, but they used to be in the pinarello league, but IMO nowhere near any more...

They still are great bikes, but nothing is being done here.

Probably opening a can of worms here, and I am sure everyone has a different opinion...

BUT...

What is generally regarded as the top road bike at the moment?

I guess if price was anything to go by, the Pinarello Dogma would be right up there.

I realize that most of the top of the range bikes are separated more by grams than by standout sex appeal.

Yeah, tough question, StevieL.

My top 3:

1/ *Cannondale Super Six Hi-Mod

2/ Pina Dogma

3/ Spez S-Works, SL 3 / Spez Venge (winter training ride bike)

* Of course, my 1st choice.... :blush:

Edited by AirBender

No such thing as "best". All down to personal taste.

What i like is not always what someone else likes.I don't like Pina forks and i don't like ISP frames.

What i do like is the Parlee brand if you can get one.

Parlee Z3 has been voted best road frame 2 years in a row.The Z5 is on par with Cervelo R5 but stiffer and cheaper.

Let's be fair to Pinarello and not include manufacturer's claimed weights. After all, Pina claim a Dogma frame weighs 950g. That is, however, the raw frame without any paint or fittings. Add those on and it hits 1200g.

Ah ok, well they claim raw frame is 950gram and raw fork is 345gram thats with the uncut steerer.

i think a big role is also the name that decide the price, so some frame gets a better rating due to the name already being famous?

I've ridden a LOT of bikes this is the nicest bike I've ever had

Waha! and you are already shopping for your next bike? How can we believe you? :P

What i like is not always what someone else likes.I don't like Pina forks and i don't like ISP frames.

What i do like is the Parlee brand if you can get one.

Parlee Z3 has been voted best road frame 2 years in a row.The Z5 is on par with Cervelo R5 but stiffer and cheaper.

SB, what do you mean by "if you can get one?" www.mosquitobikes.co.uk have loads of them. If they don't want to ship I will gladly send you one across channel. There are 2 Parlee's in the classified section of www.bikeradar as we speak. I think a 54cm Z4 and a 57,5cm Z5...

SB, what do you mean by "if you can get one?" www.mosquitobikes.co.uk have loads of them. If they don't want to ship I will gladly send you one across channel. There are 2 Parlee's in the classified section of www.bikeradar as we speak. I think a 54cm Z4 and a 57,5cm Z5...

I looked last year and there was a shortage.There are quite a few of them in SA now.

That is like buying an F1 car to drive to Pick n' Pay blink.gif

That's exactly the crazeee-ness of the idea, Lucky Luke.

How audacious is that??

:clap:

Yeah, tough question, StevieL.

My top 3:

1/ *Cannondale Super Six Hi-Mod

2/ Pina Dogma

3/ Spez S-Works, SL 3 / Spez Venge (winter training ride bike)

* Of course, my 1st choice.... :blush:

2nd choice > Merckx EMX-5!! :blush:

#1 Parlee Z5

#2 Cerevelo R5

#3 one from Specialized, Trek or Scott, too clost to call.

Re some Italian brands: (if I may make a point using cars) The Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2l cost the same as a BMW 330. I don't think a lot of Breras were sold here, but the people who bought them did so for other reasons (emotion, looks, standing out, etc) not performance. A high price is not a measure of engineering excellence.