[Event] Swartland MTB

Swartland MTB

Anyone know what the elevation for the 45 was?

I got 539m on my phone and another rider 658m on her Garmin with altimeter.

Edited by N_Nick.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the 65km route.Climbs were hard and tough, but not out of my comfort zone.Yes, route markings can improve,as our little group had a "stop and wonder wich way moment"coming from Koringberg.Took a few seconds to decide where to go,and luckily went right direction.Last 4 kays got stuck behind backmarkers from shorter distances,with no way to pass,until last few meters.

Best part of day was passing right next to the farmhouse where we stay for the weekend at Vleidam.Lekka to greet your wife and kinds halfway through, although it was only a brief shout and wafe routine.

Also thanks PPA for bringing my road number, as kindly requested by phone yesterday (not - useless *******).

Yep, tried that phone thing twice, and both times no numbers. Second time I had to start at the back with all the temp numbers.

Now I just go and pick up the numbers at their office and avoid giving them the chance to disappoint me.

Yep, tried that phone thing twice, and both times no numbers. Second time I had to start at the back with all the temp numbers.

Now I just go and pick up the numbers at their office and avoid giving them the chance to disappoint me.

they told me to collect it afterwards - but by the time I finished the long route at 1pm they had packed away.

We phoned them last week and they said only mtb nrs will be @ the race. I picked my nrs up @ the ppa office.

45km

results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=6782&EN=Sat%2016%2F08%2F2014%20Swartland%20MTB%20Funride%20%2845km%29

We phoned them last week and they said only mtb nrs will be @ the race. I picked my nrs up @ the ppa office.

i phoned and they said they would have a few road numbers, and i asked nicely and said, well please could you bring my road number!

Not on the results, yet again. The timers don't seem to like me (not just Racetec). I guess I better query this one, see if I'm doing something wrong. ;)

Edited by Nick

I am happy - 2nd MTB event - 45km and I did 2.13 could have gone 10 seconds faster if I didn't walk the first

river crossing and I don't mean under the bridge which I almost had to crawl through at jut under 2m tall.

After that it was game on and distance or depth was irrelevant just hit it hard and fast. :clap:

Strava reading from a Samsung S3 was 47.1km and 556 elevation gain.