[Event] Swartland MTB

Swartland MTB

I'm signed up for the 45km but Mr Brandon is trying to convince me to do the 65km.

Aaron, I just heard the 45km route is cancelled, due to lack of excitement, see you on the 65!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember very little climbing. Fun race. Pity I can't make it. Enjoy chaps.

+1 exactly my recollection

600m must be a typo, I think one climb is that.

I dunno, looking at the profile I struggle to see where they find 1400m+ of climbing. Ill give them a call and let you all know

600m must be a typo, I think one climb is that.

Sorry, im referencing two years back, when I remembered 1750m of climbing, route must've changed then..

I dunno, looking at the profile I struggle to see where they find 1400m+ of climbing. Ill give them a call and let you all know

Im also thinking maybe because of the bad weather conditions last year, they cut out the climbs due to water damage, where this year everything seems good to take us up there again, just speculating

I'm with brando, that FB post was fairly recent so I think the PPA one is a typo.

Also looking at last year's times the average speed was pretty slow, although the weather was apparently bad, so I expect more than 600m of climbing

(Might be a very nasty surprise to any unfit oke entering hoping for only 600m of climbing :devil: )

1464m as per Arnold, one of the organizers .................but when you look at the profile when compared to Die Burger it doesn't add up. Either way ... ill still ride it

Sorry, im referencing two years back, when I remembered 1750m of climbing, route must've changed then..

That makes sense actually. I rode 2h30 odd last year, which, as a mid pack riders matches 600m of climbing over 65kms .... Looking forward to a nice challenge this year!

That makes sense actually. I rode 2h30 odd last year, which, as a mid pack riders matches 600m of climbing over 65kms .... Looking forward to a nice challenge this year!

Also craving some pain, had bad luck at the Burger, so looking forward to a good one

Hope to meet all you guys there! Will be on a Black GT Carbon 9r and a white/lime green KASK helmet

Also craving some pain, had bad luck at the Burger, so looking forward to a good one

Hope to meet all you guys there! Will be on a Black GT Carbon 9r and a white/lime green KASK helmet

You will probably have to wait around and have two beers by the time I finish. My Burger time was 4hrs so I would imagine something like that again.

Elevation for the 45km? I've done over 100 000m of climbing this year so my legs are feeling it.

65km looks brutal - still undecided on which distance to do.

Elevation for the 45km? I've done over 100 000m of climbing this year so my legs are feeling it.

Bro, I know you want to do it, you're not Aaron_B(rutal) for nothing

Seems the 45km skips the Koringberg climb, which in my biased opinion makes it a bit too easy.. Just a ramble through the koringlande with no proper climbs.

It's 3 years ago and the memory fades ( :ph34r:) but I remember Koringberg being very ride-able, a very long jeep track climb but not that steep, if you have done 100 000m of climbing this year it should just be a blip on your radar...

Don't want the ride to be too easy so now I'm leaning toward the 65. Also, looked at the route profile for the 65km - not a chance is that 1400m. Looks more like a 1000 at best

Edited by Aaron_B

Weather looking fantastic - my wife and I definitely going through. Still undecided on the 45 or 65. If the 65 ascent numbers are correct on Facebook, I'm doing the 45. My wife says she's doing the 65 - "ons is mos nou hier!". :cursing: