[Event] Swartland MTB

Swartland MTB

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the weather. Its def gonns be wet and cold and windy. So ja. Its a event for the hardcore guys. No events next weekend. That is why I decided to go.

Just watched the weather. Its def gonns be wet and cold and windy. So ja. Its a event for the hardcore guys. No events next weekend. That is why I decided to go.

Mmm,still deciding

What a race?! So much fun. Water crossings my ass. We need cruise ships to cross some of those rivers. But I loved it. It was htfu day and enjoy what was thrown at you. Hope everyone else did. See you all at Oude Molen tomorrow.

I must apologise, I never made it. Woke up this morning in Paarl, everything packed and ready to go. But it was raining so hard, I did not even want to drive to the venue. Nevermind race. However, I am investing in a wet weather bike, so in future I will not be scared of the mud and water.

I must apologise, I never made it. Woke up this morning in Paarl, everything packed and ready to go. But it was raining so hard, I did not even want to drive to the venue. Nevermind race. However, I am investing in a wet weather bike, so in future I will not be scared of the mud and water.

wet weather bike? hope it is a single speed.

wet weather bike? hope it is a single speed.

Instead of a dual suspension 29 er, going carbon ht 29 er, as light as possible. About 9,5 kg, so I dont sink into the mud. Hopefully, Just something which requires less maintenance than my dual suspension. Keep my dual suspension for the dry races. Cyclists will always find a good excuse for another bike, I think mine is a good excuse. So does my girlfriend, which is all that matters actually. If I convinced her I am positive I can convince anyone.

Edited by schalk1982

Got 70kms with about 800 climbing. Took 3.45hrs. Super fun but pretty muddy. See you at the next one Schalk. Well done to all who finished.

How many riders took part, be interesting to know. How many brave guys and girls.

800m ascent no way. I got 1300m ascent at 68km.

I think only 18 finished the 70km, not sure how many entered.

It was stupidly wet, I never thought id be able to ride through such deep water!!(Came upto my bottle cages...)

I don't know where the 11% single track was, maybe all the times they asked us to ride through a field with no path at all haha.

Was a rough race and my body was not feeling great, was not easy!

800m ascent no way. I got 1300m ascent at 68km.

I think only 18 finished the 70km, not sure how many entered.

It was stupidly wet, I never thought id be able to ride through such deep water!!(Came upto my bottle cages...)

I don't know where the 11% single track was, maybe all the times they asked us to ride through a field with no path at all haha.

Was a rough race and my body was not feeling great, was not easy!

Went for a talk on servicing - or rather - maintaining your bike in the past week. And with all the new knowledge I have, I can tell you that you seriously need the get your bike serviced. ..... true story....

Edited by Mads

Yeah 0% single track. Yes only 800m ascent. It was wet but fun. I loved it. Very happy I made the trip.

My dad and I both have Garmin 800s and we both recorded 1300m of ascent.

Went for a talk on servicing - or rather - maintaining your bike in the past week. And with all the new knowledge I have, I can tell you that you seriously need the get your bike serviced. ..... true story....

Yep I won't ride my MTB before it gets a full service again. My BB is porbably full of water :(