SeaSucker portable bike racks

JimmyCasper

For all those cyclists who don't want a roof rack or towbar on their car, you can now use the SeaSucker portable bike rack. The SeaSucker is new and unique product and while it doesn't cater for everyone it does serve a great purpose for cyclists who drive BMW's, Mercs and other sedan cars. Attaches and removes in seconds and makes transporting your bike a breeze, while allowing you to drive virtually any car you want without a bulky bike attachment.

www.seasucker.co.za

Now available at:

1) Northcliff cycles

2) Design In Motion

Tried and tested from Jhb to CT and back, each vacuum cup can handle 80kgs of pressure. Suitable for both road and mountain bikes. (Through axle adaptors available)

Question time - I have those Holdfast sucker racks for my surfski, and while they hold for a while, they eventually come unstuck and have to rely on the secondary straps that fasten through the car doors in order to stay attached to the car.

I don't want my bike to come off halfway through the day, and need to be assured that the suckers WILL NOT decompress and come unstuck.

Also - Price?

Each unit comes with a minimum of 4 vacuum cups, the difference between convetional suction cups and the SeaSucker is that the SeaSucker is a vacuum seal and not a suction seal.

All the details are on the website.

www.seasucker.co.za

I noticed these a few months back when I was looking for a decive to fit my abnormal shaped frame to fit my current bike rack. Turns out the other option was cheaper but these SeaSucker portable bike racks do make transporting a bike with any type of car affordable and easy!

I was going to claim this idea as my own, but I think many people who have seen suction mount fishing rod holders have thought the same thing. What an awesome innovation

3 things stand out for me:

#longevity, will it really last 5+ years - whats the sucker pad replacement cost?

#theft protection - there is none

#price - wow, and that's with an overvalued rand! double the price of those top of the range nice swedish made ones.

but otherwise good luck, great innovative product.

Great idea. Not the cheapest alternative... but I suppose if fitting a roof rack is really that much of an issue, this is an alternative. Good luck

I have seen many cars over here in Europe with them on them.What has impressed me is the cars that come flying past on the highways at 200km/h and faster.I have also seen them at many of the races.

I just want to know if they can be taken off while the bikes are on it or if it's left on the car?

What happens when it rains or if your car gets muddy going to a mountain bike race?Will it still stick then?

I have seen many cars over here in Europe with them on them.What has impressed me is the cars that come flying past on the highways at 200km/h and faster.I have also seen them at many of the races.

I just want to know if they can be taken off while the bikes are on it or if it's left on the car?

What happens when it rains or if your car gets muddy going to a mountain bike race?Will it still stick then?

Also - is there any security device that will stop the cups from being stolen?

Also - is there any security device that will stop the cups from being stolen?

That's what i meant,but worried they steal bike and cups,then they have transport for your bike.:blush:

As far as the rain is concerned, the SeaSucker was originally developed for the marine industry hence the name SeaSucker. It holds come rain or shine, the SeaSucker does come with a locking mechanism, the actual quick release can be locked and this locks the bicycle to the SeaSucker.There is also a window anchor which locks the SeaSucker to the car!

The SeaSucker is not a permanent attachement and should last 5 years easily provided you take care of the unit and attache and remove it after every race.

Replacement cups are quite inexpensive and easily replaceable.

That's what i meant,but worried they steal bike and cups,then they have transport for your bike.:blush:

unless you "un-suction" them - toss them in the boot and re-apply them when u ready to rock n roll again...

As far as the rain is concerned, the SeaSucker was originally developed for the marine industry hence the name SeaSucker. It holds come rain or shine, the SeaSucker does come with a locking mechanism, the actual quick release can be locked and this locks the bicycle to the SeaSucker.There is also a window anchor which locks the SeaSucker to the car!

The SeaSucker is not a permanent attachement and should last 5 years easily provided you take care of the unit and attache and remove it after every race.

Replacement cups are quite inexpensive and easily replaceable.

fair enough...thanks for the answers

Damn he must be doing at least 80. I have headphones on, so that engine sounds great. I'm still sorry I never took the opportunity to drive that car when I was at MGM studios a few years ago.

I was going to claim this idea as my own, but I think many people who have seen suction mount fishing rod holders have thought the same thing. What an awesome innovation

3 things stand out for me:

#longevity, will it really last 5+ years - whats the sucker pad replacement cost?

#theft protection - there is none

#price - wow, and that's with an overvalued rand! double the price of those top of the range nice swedish made ones.

but otherwise good luck, great innovative product.

WRT price. It is in my mind on a par with a certain Swedish make. The cheapest I can get them for my car is +-R3200.

and then I can't move it to other cars either.

Ended up going to Peugeot and an original for R1400