Men's Saddle Choices

Morwa

How does the distance between your sit-bones relate to the saddle width?

Is there a chart available somewhere?

I have an x-ray of my pelvis (don't ask), so I can measure the distance between my sit bones.

Edited by An3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a specialized bg fit sit bone chart on the net that equates your sit bones to the correct saddle for you. Don't have it on me now, but google it. Let me know if you don't come right and I can send it tomorrow morning.

There's a specialized bg fit sit bone chart on the net that equates your sit bones to the correct saddle for you. Don't have it on me now, but google it. Let me know if you don't come right and I can send it tomorrow morning.

Found it - thank you

Body Geometry

The selle italia max flow is to broad and will grind you like mad if you don't have a broad sit bone...

Have also tries alot of saddle incl all the fizik and and and.

At the end of the day THERE IS NO BETTER SADDLE THAN SELLE ITALIA SLR GEL FLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill spend R4000 on that saddle if mine brakes and fly all over just to get it

Every saddle (from cheap to expensive) I have ridden has been comfortable once the setup was correct. Maybe I am just lucky :unsure:

The selle italia max flow is to broad and will grind you like mad if you don't have a broad sit bone...

Have also tries alot of saddle incl all the fizik and and and.

At the end of the day THERE IS NO BETTER SADDLE THAN SELLE ITALIA SLR GEL FLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill spend R4000 on that saddle if mine brakes and fly all over just to get it

Why would your saddle brake? :unsure:

Fizik Aliante. I have them on both my MTB and road bike. Tried the Gobi previously which was a total disaster, but that was before I'd measured my sit bone width. Whatever you choose, get your sit bone width measured. After that it's a matter of budget and preferences.

@chris Well true it won't, but you never know maybe with a crash... Maybe the bike gets sto;en and you need the same saddle... Point being that the SLR gel flow is amazing

@chris Well true it won't, but you never know maybe with a crash... Maybe the bike gets sto;en and you need the same saddle... Point being that the SLR gel flow is amazing

I was just kidding, it is breaks not brakes :lol: :lol:

I had a problem finding a saddle... I went through 7 saddles before I found the one that I currently use.

My body position is very agressive so I sit on my hip bones and this is what caused my discomfort: numbness, severe pain and in long rides I would have to stop riding for the pain to subside before I could continue.

A saddle choice is not about what other people use, but your fit: how do you sit on your bike; do you change position; many other factors your LBS will ask you.

My current Saddle choice is ADAMO. It is pretty heavy at about 350g... but duuuude... I can now ride in my tri suit for 6 hours and feel no discomfort!!!

These guys are the agents TROISPORT. Speak to Mark.

Saddles come in different widths, and so does everyone's ass.

Why not get your sitbones measured as suggested above and get one that is the right width for you?

Cut-out or no cut-out is a different debate.

Pro's and cons to both.

post-615-0-31148300-1308817683.jpg

• 2 months later...

Okay so where do you go to measure your sit-bones? Can you buy that Specialized traceing-paper thing anywhere?

I can't go on with my current saddle, I need something new. Does anybody know who stocks WTB saddles in the Capetown area?

Okay so where do you go to measure your sit-bones? Can you buy that Specialized traceing-paper thing anywhere?

I can't go on with my current saddle, I need something new. Does anybody know who stocks WTB saddles in the Capetown area?

Most LBS that stock Specialized should have one. you go in SIt for a few minutes and then get up. As easy as that.

PS i ride the Specialized Phenom 143. Was riding the smaller seat until they measured me. Now my ass feels like i am sitting on a cloud.