Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Ja, good point Peach. My Crack-n-sell Meta 5.5 also succumbed to those types of forces.

Mental note - stop casing jumps :cursing:

So when are we flying AM bikes over the 10m anthills? I'm itching to give it a go, but am a bit nervous after Mr Middleton broke his back at hurls. Also undecided as to which bike to use.

Crack-n-dale = plastic and pretty, therefore out.

Ndiza = long jump champ, but only 3" of forgiveness on the front

Izimu = 8" forgiveness, but doesn't fly as fast or as far.

Oh, and super_mil, will you be joining Peach and myself as we set ourselves upon the JHB CBD tonight?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when are we flying AM bikes over the 10m anthills? I'm itching to give it a go, but am a bit nervous after Mr Middleton broke his back at hurls. Also undecided as to which bike to use.

Crack-n-dale = plastic and pretty, therefore out.

Ndiza = long jump champ, but only 3" of forgiveness on the front

Izimu = 8" forgiveness, but doesn't fly as fast or as far.

Oh, and super_mil, will you be joining Peach and myself as we set ourselves upon the JHB CBD tonight?

If I hit that thing it'll be on my Gambler.

Can't make the ride tonight as I have to entertain my nephew. MissionS & I will be heading to 139 tomorrow if you're keen.

The guys are working on it, but we hope to help/get a ride in.

If I hit that thing it'll be on my Gambler.

Can't make the ride tonight as I have to entertain my nephew. MissionS & I will be heading to 139 tomorrow if you're keen.

The guys are working on it, but we hope to help/get a ride in.

yeah, maybe it is best to get all the forgiveness I need.

As for 139 tomorrow... what time you guys heading there? I'm keen! I also heard there is going to be a TLB there... maybe you civils guys can show me what you learnt at varsity :lol:

Edited by patches

post-6162-0-93605000-1330270571.jpg

Spec list:

Frame - 2005 GIant reign

Rear shock - manitou 3 way swinger

Front shock/fork - RS pike

Handlebars - 737 Sunline V1

Stem - Syncros AM

Headset - Aerozine

Grips - ESI

Saddle - Fizik Gobi

Seatpost - RS Reverb

Brakes - Sram XO

Cranks - XTR

Chainguide - half an E13 LG1

Chain - Connex

Pedals - CB Candy

Rear derailleur - XTR

Rear shifter - XTR

Cassette - XTR

Front hub - Ringle Abbah

Rear hub - Hope pro 2 evo

Rims - Spank spike

Spokes - DT comps

Tyres -Maxxis High roller Front / Minion Rear

@Mad, looking good!

I was at the bike park a bit after you on saturday. Jean-pant tried my green-machine. he said it was one of the ugliest bikes he'd ever seen, but it rides well :lol:

Really? What time? I must have just missed u? Hahahaha I can start to agree with him but then who am I to speak? The reign isn't exactly one of the best looking frames =) .but I don't see it when I'm riding so all's good :)

Really? What time? I must have just missed u? Hahahaha I can start to agree with him but then who am I to speak? The reign isn't exactly one of the best looking frames =) .but I don't see it when I'm riding so all's good :)

Whatcha mean??!! For 2005 that bike was a trend-setter.. hmm, guess you needed to own one in 2005 to appreciate that.

Tell you something about that Reign. Mine has taken everything Cape Town has to offer, DH to XC. Oh and the Swinger is legendary, mine was fortunately not a lemon.. seems it was touch and go whether you got a Friday model or not, they would leak air from purchase date. If you've not seen that yet, you are safe!

Enjoy!

I probably got there around 12:30. I had to go pay for my annual plate and collect a helmet I left there. Nothing too exciting.

Althouhg I did try fly the plastic AM machine over jumps 1&2 on the dirt jump gap line. Surprisingly it jumps quite alright... but being a large frame it isn't the most manouvreable when in the air.

What time did you leave?

Edited by patches

• 1 month later...

My All Mountain Machines

GT Sanction

post-3441-0-59805200-1335532534.jpg

And my SingleSpeed All Mountain Hardtail (SSAMHT)

On-One 456 Summer Season

post-3441-0-97755500-1335532576.jpg

Edited by Flowta

• 4 weeks later...

Had a Teocali for a few years...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/general/bikes/Mongoose02.jpg

... But upgraded to an Intense 5.5 frame last year and move all the bits across.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/general/bikes/Intense%20Bike%20Builds/DSCN2455.jpg

RS Sektor coil 110-150mm u-turn

Spank Subrosa rims (converted to tubeless) with Hope hubs

Avid Carbon Pro brakes

KS-i950R post

Truvativ AKA AM stem

Gravity bars 720mm

CB Mallet 2 pedals

SDG saddle