Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

thanks dude. Have been wondering about what the advantages are for doing just that.

I am sick of losing the chain on my trail/AM bike. can I fit a chain tensioner to a 3X9?

there are 3 blade chain guides. I think Blackspire makes one...

but serioysly, drop the big ring and run a double. There's no need fr a 44T on an AM bike.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for so much gears, if its to steep to pedal 36T gear I push. I climb/Ride out of the saddle most of the time. Find I get tired if I pedal while seated. Don,t even know how big my cassette is on the back :whistling:, Still having difficulty to see why someone would want 10 gears on back??

Edited by braailegend

Just trying to be cheap.... :blush:

the middle ring on my bike is a 32 which If i pedal at flat out on my favourite downhill does not get me excited. I usually go to bigring for that. Buuut if i have a 36 tooth at the front that would probably solve that issue quite nicely. Hmmm. Happy very early christmas to me....

Just trying to be cheap.... :blush:

the middle ring on my bike is a 32 which If i pedal at flat out on my favourite downhill does not get me excited. I usually go to bigring for that. Buuut if i have a 36 tooth at the front that would probably solve that issue quite nicely. Hmmm. Happy very early christmas to me....

For the price of the 3 ring chain guide, you can get 2 new rings and a 2 ring guide (Blackspire Stinger, approx R180).

Hah. perfect justification! and just use the current shifter? (remember not to change to the non existent bigring.)

yup, use your current shifter, and dn't worry about the missing big ring. with a bashguard there, even if you do try shift it can't pick up the chain so nothing happens.

Besides, with 36T you'll hardly ever find yourself shifting at all. Can't remember the last time I used the 28T

Guest Omega Man

Ok, so here is the new AM build (pretty much complete, may swop out one or two parts)

Bastard. That's the am frame I wanted.

Ok, so here is the new AM build (pretty much complete, may swop out one or two parts)

Lookin' good.... just need white grips!

Does fork also hit the frame? Mine does (reason for the tube around downtube on mine) Guess no barspins for me anymore... Have to grow up sometime, haha

Bastard. That's the am frame I wanted.

haha! it was an impulse buy. Believe it or not, an Mbuzi is still a bike I'd love to own. Then I'd almost have a Morewood Full House. I'd just need a Zula.

Lookin' good.... just need white grips!

Can you read minds? That's exactly what I was eluding to when i said "swop out one or 2 parts"/... hahahaha

but yeah, the Green grips have to o. Thinking either orange, or black Intense ODI's

Might put a renthal fatbar on there too!

Does fork also hit the frame? Mine does (reason for the tube around downtube on mine) Guess no barspins for me anymore... Have to grow up sometime, haha

I know it didn't on my previous frame, but I think it will hit the downtube on this frame. That's ok though, I don't do bar spins... plus I already have a super awesome full sus dirt jumper ;)

Heard a story that all forks will hit the frame, if the bike has the optimum down tube angle, but I don't know how true this is. But after looking at other frames, you can see they start their down tubes much high

Heard a story that all forks will hit the frame, if the bike has the optimum down tube angle, but I don't know how true this is. But after looking at other frames, you can see they start their down tubes much high

I just checked... My Talas 36 doesn't hit the down tube. I have about 10mm of clearance