Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Guest Omega Man

nice bike smile.png where did you get the stan's kit?

From Trail & Tar. I also got a Bell Variant in the same colour as the bike. Not a hipster. It's just the way things worked out.

post-18968-0-69779500-1352714244_thumb.jpg

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I've jsut put in an offer for a Reign X. Hope like hell it's accepted.

The beauty of the situation is that no-one wants a 26inch bike anymore. Most people want a 29er and all the others are waiting around for the 650B situation to become clearer. so the dude is a retard if he doesn't accept.

Edited by Omega Man

The beauty of the situation is that no-one wants a 26inch bike anymore. Most people want a 29er and all the others are waiting around for the 650B situation to become clearer. so the dude is a retard if he doesn't accept.

Don't see any manufacturers making or even marketing 29" AM bikes.

All AM bikes are 26"

And they definitely have a place!

Edited by Thug

So I took my 5.5 out this weekend to Northern Farms. I could pedal up the hills pretty easily so it aint too heavy... the bike really comes alive on the single track and is very agile through the bends.

Did not feel as comfortable on the downhills cos of the slightly steeper head angle. My commencal had a slacker head angle so it felt amazing downhill. However the bike still ate up the downhill.

All in all, it's a sick bike! Very happy with it!

Nice, another happy 5.5 owner. I've read some of the later comments but thought I'd reply to this one. I have a Revelation 110/140 on mine, and there is a world of difference in the bike's behaviour between the two settings. At 110, it's super-nimble and climbs like a demon, at 140 it sucks at climbing but is probably 10-15% more stable because of the extra HA slack. It's still not a bike for newbies though, you need to know your stuff to ride it fast downhill. That being said though, it can be ridden fast, you just have to have your wits about you a little bit more than the guys on Commencals and Reigns. All in all an awesome bike, I was considering selling it now that I have a Glory and getting a Trance as my trail bike, but I just love it too damn much!

Don't see any manufacturers making or even marketing 29" AM bikes.

All AM bikes are 26"

And they definitely have a place!

Erm... Tallboy LT. Yeti SB99. Foes something or other. All AM bikes.

But yeah - 26 is here to stay.

Erm... Tallboy LT. Yeti SB99. Foes something or other. All AM bikes.

But yeah - 26 is here to stay.

I suppose it all depends on what you classify as an AM bike. In my opinion anything from 150mm travel is AM

Ja. but I agree with the Yeti

Where you sourcing the steed from?

Somewhere special! My precious!!!! Mine!

LOL. An LBS in central CT. You know the one.

They can actually get new ones in for you on special order. A normal Reign frame is approx 10k incl shock. Reign X, not so sure.

I suppose it all depends on what you classify as an AM bike. In my opinion anything from 150mm travel is AM

Ja. but I agree with the Yeti

LOL. Me too dude. But you have to agree that the presence of 29" wheels means you can get away with slightly less travel for the same conditions, due to the mechanical differences (in terms of angles of attack and rolling abilities)

I'm not talking a drop of 30mm, more like 10%. So a 150mm AM 26er would be "the same" as a 135mm - 140mm 29er.

LOL. Me too dude. But you have to agree that the presence of 29" wheels means you can get away with slightly less travel for the same conditions, due to the mechanical differences (in terms of angles of attack and rolling abilities)

I'm not talking a drop of 30mm, more like 10%. So a 150mm AM 26er would be "the same" as a 135mm - 140mm 29er.

Oh No!! They got to you too!

:lol:

but yes, what will be classified as 29er AM bikes will probably be in the region of 130mm - 150mm. I don't think we'll see 160-170mm big wheelers just yet (if at all).

What you forgot to mention is how a big wheeler with a slacker head angle and longer travel will handle like a drunken donkey with 3 legs.

From Trail & Tar. I also got a Bell Variant in the same colour as the bike. Not a hipster. It's just the way things worked out.

post-18968-0-69779500-1352714244_thumb.jpg

rad

another question, did you get the wider "freeride" kit? that's the one I need, but it seems it's hard to come by

Oh No!! They got to you too!

:lol:

but yes, what will be classified as 29er AM bikes will probably be in the region of 130mm - 150mm. I don't think we'll see 160-170mm big wheelers just yet (if at all).

What you forgot to mention is how a big wheeler with a slacker head angle and longer travel will handle like a drunken donkey with 3 legs.

But, but, but.. 9ers are like unicorns! They're magical and wonderful and oh so compliant!

But, but, but.. 9ers are like unicorns! They're magical and wonderful and oh so compliant!

ok, ok... I'll admit. My donkey analogy was incorrect. but so is the unicorn one (except unless you meant 9ers are gay).

I do however stand by tha camel analogy. 29ers are like camels. Sure their long legs are better suited for long distances of monotonous trail. But when it comes to handling and agility... a mustang is what you want!

Of course there is a place for them but not in an AM MTB thread. :P

Edited by slick