Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

ok, ok... I'll admit. My donkey analogy was incorrect. but so is the unicorn one (except unless you meant 9ers are gay).

I do however stand by tha camel analogy. 29ers are like camels. Sure their long legs are better suited for long distances of monotonous trail. But when it comes to handling and agility... a mustang is what you want!

For the longest time I thought that I would never EVER even contemplate swinging a leg over anything with wheels bigger than 26"

But lately I have found myself lusting over a Tallboy LTc or even just the LT ..... It's like a Camel, but with Mustang spirit ... except it seems you can ride it on the limit, without being bucked into submission ... OMG have I brainwashed ? .. I can hear my ASR5 whimpering in the corner ..

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

rad

another question, did you get the wider "freeride" kit? that's the one I need, but it seems it's hard to come by

Um. I don't actually know. They had a 29er kit and a 26er kit. I went for the 26er kit for obvious reasons. The rim strip just covers the holes in the rim. It's not like a ghetto tubeless where you have bits of tube sticking out. The kit comes with a type of rim tape but I didn't even bother with that cos the rim tape on the rim looked fine.

I just wet the rim strip (valve included) with soapy water as prescribed. Put 60ml of stans jizz in. I use a syringe instead of the cup. it's less messy and readily available at any pharmacy just get the biggest ones they have and wash after use. There's also the added benefit that if you ever want to top up the fluid you don't have to remove the tire and go through the hack of reseating it. You just unscrew the valve and squirt the liquid in through the valve. (Yes I am aware that I am a genius) I then did the soapy water thing on the rim and tire and hot footed it to the garage.

I inflated to 40 psi and swished the fluid round to seal it. My setup should really not work. I'm running single ply tires on non tubeless rims that the supplier said would be a real effort to get right and it worked fine.

Edited by Omega Man

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be blasphemy to post anything with wheels bigger than 26" in this thread ?

You can go as big as 27.5"

Anything over that CAN'T and WON'T ever be in the AM category.

I should be able to post something in here soon. :D

But, but, but.. 9ers are like unicorns! They're magical and wonderful and oh so compliant!

Enough about fluffy tails on horny ponies and sh*t, show us the Reign X! Are you building it yet.. I'm sure I saw that somewhere??

Do you have it?

Guest Omega Man

Enough about fluffy tails on horny ponies and sh*t, show us the Reign X! Are you building it yet.. I'm sure I saw that somewhere??

Do you have it?

Pretty sure he's just full of empty promises. Much like all the girls I was in highschool with.

You can go as big as 27.5"

Anything over that CAN'T and WON'T ever be in the AM category.

And even then it is a very limited category headed up by the Intense Tracer 27.5.

Guest Omega Man

Hairy, you had a frame at a CT lbs.. it was large right? Not the one Mayhem is meaning??

Must be. There are only 2 2010 Reign X's in Cape Town. That must be the other one. COS I HAVE THE OTHER! (Borat Accent)

If another one surfaces I will simply ignore that fact.

Guest Omega Man

And even then it is a very limited category headed up by the Intense Tracer 27.5.

Yeah. And I've not spotted one of those.

Finger poised over the "Report" button. C'mon punk, make my day!

But it's soooo pretty ... Ok AM might be a stretch but very trail worthy ... It has one of those goldy coated forlorks with 34 stanchions and everything .. Pics coming soon ..

Guest Omega Man

But it's soooo pretty ... Ok AM might be a stretch but very trail worthy ... It has one of those goldy coated forlorks with 34 stanchions and everything .. Pics coming soon ..

Please oke. This thread is for people that grin when they ride their bikes. Not grimace.