what's the lightest MTB fork?

heed0

Surely a full carbon(or maybe ti) rigid would be the lightest?

The lightest I'm sure but pretty useless on an MTB unless you're the Dangle ;)

Why do you say it's useless on a MTB ? I just bought myself one, and I quite like it. At 500 grams it sure is very light and I am very pleased. My Fox air suspension fork is for sale.

Why do you say it's useless on a MTB ? I just bought myself one, and I quite like it. At 500 grams it sure is very light and I am very pleased. My Fox air suspension fork is for sale.

How does it do on the drops & jumps? Suppose you have to be REALLY smooth, much like riding a BMX. If you pick the wrong line, or stuff up a landing... :blink:

How does it do on the drops & jumps? Suppose you have to be REALLY smooth, much like riding a BMX. If you pick the wrong line, or stuff up a landing... :blink:

I don't do major jumps, no more than 0.5 m, and I am quite light about 70kg, so I don't think I give it too much punishment. I do like to do ruff trails though and have put it through a few paces already here in the veld trails around me, with lots of ruts and mini "ravines" in the way at high speed! It handles beautifully, the way I remember growing up on a rigid bicycle. you learn to move again with the bike and is a very natural feeling for me. I was very uncomfortable with these "loose" unpredictable air forks.

Nonsense.

I came down Sani Pass 2 years ago on a rigid carbon fork.

Lefty Speed Carbon = 1.2kgs

http://cdn.cannondale.com/catalog/product/cache/3/image/550x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/1/1/11_speedcarbonpbr_1.png

whats the lightest mtb suspension fork under 5k

I reckon best value for money and weight is the new SID World Cup with carbon steerer ( 1380g ).

There is one available now for R5000.

Nonsense.

Yeah but I would have to place you in the same category (nutters) as that of Boris :rolleyes:

You are purchasing a Scott aspect 30 and you want to upgrade the fork?

Or are you purchasing a Scale 30 and want to go lighter?

Pretty useless spending that amount of money if the aspect 30 retails for close to R5k

Nonsense.

How hard did you come down? :rolleyes: