Which frame?

BernardG

hmmm c50

the specs I saw where the same except as you point out top tube slightly shorter I was speaking more about head tube angle and seat tube than anything else and having ridden them back to back there is no difference at all :huh:

I rode a Jamis for some weeks...worst bike.ever. seat tube too steep, steering twitchy, just not fun for my style of riding.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to say - I used most of the components off the stock XTC on my SS and replaced them with a combination of 10spd XT I had and stuff that was swapped by the LBS from SLX to XT... The wheels came off my Niner Air 9... No ideas on price I'm afraid...

I see there is an XTC for sale:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/7679-giant-xtc1-29er-upgraded-reduced-price/

R16,900 - not a bad price. Not sure if it's 9 or 10 speed. I'd guess 9 - frame is a 2010 model. Are you a large?

I am a medium. But thanks for the info. Will look at the XTC. Would not mind a Morewood 29er but like the others said, not sure where to get it. LBS said it is not yet in production.

I saw a 2011 GT Zaskar Pro 29 in a medium at my LBS today. Price on tag is R 19 995.00, so maybe you can negotiate for a better price? PM for the details of the LBS.

Edited by Morwa

So what are is the take on KTM MTB's?

Are they any good and how is there 29ers?

Like this one

post-23028-0-44202800-1311237973.jpg

With regard the kwela 29er, i ride one when my mates aren't watching, its a nice bike; got mine the other day from rushsportscycling.com. Andre (morewoodKid?) also sorted me out with some trick parts.

With regard the kwela 29er, i ride one when my mates aren't watching, its a nice bike; got mine the other day from rushsportscycling.com. Andre (morewoodKid?) also sorted me out with some trick parts.

Why only when your mates aren'y watching?

I am thinking of buying myself a Hardtail 29er.

Why a hardtail, if you don't mind me asking?

Why a hardtail, if you don't mind me asking?

I just like a hardtail, like the hard ride. Still young, so I can take the hits.

And a full susser is even more expensive and do not want a cheap fully, because it is then so heavy.

• 3 years later...