Will Andy Schleck ever win anything?

Squier

Shame. Andy's another Raymond Poulidor (2nd three times, 3rd five times).

What a stat, damn... AND IT THOUGHT CADEL WAS THE LEADING ALMOST-MAN before last year

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Schleck on hearing the verdict on Berto

I trust that the CAS judges took all things into consideration after reading a 4,000 page file. If now I am declared overall winner of the 2010 Tour de France it will not make me happy. I battled with Contador in that race and I lost. My goal is to win the Tour de France in a sportive way, being the best of all competitors, not in court. If I succeed this year, I will consider it as my first Tour victory.”

:thumbup:

Andy Schleck on hearing the verdict on Berto

I trust that the CAS judges took all things into consideration after reading a 4,000 page file. If now I am declared overall winner of the 2010 Tour de France it will not make me happy. I battled with Contador in that race and I lost. My goal is to win the Tour de France in a sportive way, being the best of all competitors, not in court. If I succeed this year, I will consider it as my first Tour victory.”

:thumbup:

Said like a true champion.

He was on the radio this morning and doesn't want to accept the win.In the photos AC still stand on top of the podium for 2010.

Understandable

Most opinions in the pro peloton thus far have been of shock and surprise about the verdict

I don't think there are any serious sprots people that want to win their races by a disqualification.....the sweet taste of beating your closets rival stays with you forever and fuels your psyche for the next challenge.

Andy agrees with you.

"There is no reason to be happy now”, Schleck said in a RadioShack-Nissan press release

“First of all I feel sad for Alberto. I always believed in his innocence. This is just a very sad day for cycling. The only positive news is that there is a verdict after 566 days of uncertainty. We can finally move on.”

“I trust that the CAS judges took all things into consideration after reading a 4,000 page file. If now I am declared overall winner of the 2010 Tour de France it will not make me happy. I battled with Contador in that race and I lost. My goal is to win the Tour de France in a sportive way, being the best of all competitors, not in court. If I succeed this year, I will consider it as my first Tour victory.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/andy-schleck-reacts-to-contadors-doping-ban

What a great guy

Found some new respect for Andy after reading this.

2012 could be his last chance... unfortunate for him that there are two TTs this year.

Found some new respect for Andy after reading this.

2012 could be his last chance... unfortunate for him that there are two TTs this year.

And no Alberto to battle with :whistling:

Yeah, but I put my money on team Europcar to have the weapon to defeat Andy...

Not that petulant bottle-thrower…?

Yeah, but I put my money on team Europcar to have the weapon to defeat Andy...

Are they keeping him under wraps :whistling:

post-7-0-54540600-1329114299.jpg