Will Andy Schleck ever win anything?

Squier

Yeah, I think Evans got a bit lucky last year as well, dead boring to watch and I think also a bit past his best. I am not even sure Basso will contest the Tour this year, 2011 was his last big hurrah and I think now he will just be the figurehead of Liquigas until Nibali can take over the reins.

Realistically Gesink is a wild card, a bit like Evans, if things play his way he could pull it off, would be quite incredible but plausible I guess.

I guess Andy has to be the favored rider going into the lead up, but he has never really impressed me with much, except his whining which he do's very well indeed, but, if any of the Schlecks were to win, I would hope rather for Frank.

My feeling is Wiggins has the experience and he has paid his dues, he will most certainly be a strong contender, however if I had to pick someone now I would go with Sammy Sanchez or Jurgen Van den Broek, both I think have an excellent chance this year.

As an outside hope I have always liked Roman Kreuziger.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outside hope I have always liked Roman Kreuziger.

hah - i was going to say I pick roman as my dark horse. He's been around long enough and certainly has the mettle

hah - i was going to say I pick roman as my dark horse. He's been around long enough and certainly has the mettle

Indeed, with 'Berto out of the picture,the racing will also be a little differant I think and the mountains will be looked at differently, perhaps we will see a return to the LA type racing where the team was used till the bitter end as opposed to the 'Berto era where he just went on solo attacks and few could follow.?

If so it could certainly be beneficial to Roman as he is a great climber but not sure he can chase around up there with the likes of 'Berto, sadly I think he also made a mistake moving away from Liquigas, as a team they are a really strong, and could have supported him very well, but never the less, he is a great rider and cant be discounted.

Just saw on IOL an article on andy schleck, he seems to be talking the talk .

''We are not friends, we just say ‘Hi’, talk a bit. That’s all. What he did on the Port de Bales, I will never forget it. It cost me the Tour,” he said referring to Alberto Contador

Seems he thinks that this years tour will be won in the mountains :eek: instead of the time trials.

Fighting talk - I like it! It would be cool to see pre-tour weigh-ins like they have for boxing title fights. Schleck the beanstalk and Bertie Matador giving each other the evil eye whilst setting the scales a-flutter.

You bring your chain-catcher this year bitch? Boom!

Don't care much for Team Sky, but the way they dominated the World Champs speak oodles of their potential as an outfit.

Can never write off the Schleck boeties, although the 2012 course, with it's top heavy TT distance, is already a huge knock to their chances.

Watch out for a surprise package - Europcar. The French are hungry...

Agree with Dangle,

1 Evans not the most exciting rider to watch does not have that exra kick although to win any tour you have to be a great rider

2 Wiggins is just wiggins to me,

3 Basso well the sell by date has long passed better make sure Dale dont see this !

4 Gesink Cant make my mind up,

Just wish they had more mountain stages in the tour this year ! I wont count andy out under the suypervision of Johan Bruyneel

Basso's glory days are over, agreed.

He was one helluva rider when them all was doped to the eyeballs.

He made it back out of the darkness with that brilliant Giro win in 2010!

Update on the 2012 route:

The organisers of the Tour de France have added even more distance to the time trials of the 2012 event, tacking another five kilometers to bring the total of the three individual tests to 101.5km.

Schleck has vowed to improve his capabilities against the clock, giving himself the aim of losing only 20 seconds over 40km this time around.

From

Cyclingnews.com

• 2 months later...

Funny...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y7XDYcXb1Mw/TBZIJ2S41lI/AAAAAAAABtE/EMYuhC_m7vc/s640/schlecks.jpg

Funny...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y7XDYcXb1Mw/TBZIJ2S41lI/AAAAAAAABtE/EMYuhC_m7vc/s640/schlecks.jpg

Fark Steaks. They look so queer.

Fark Steaks. They look so queer.

Also known by some as the Schleck Sisters.

Also known by some as the Schleck Sisters.

Yeah, the only two men alive who need to use strapons to do each other...

Yeah, the only two men alive who need to use strapons to do each other...

You need to see Andy's girl friend.She is hot!!!

Guys

IMO, RE last years Tour de France...

I lost a lot of time and respect for the Schlecks, here my reason;

They went to win the Tour, but they didn't ride to win the Tour.

So, from there on in I support EVERYBODY besides the Schlecks, something like how I feel about Alonso (F1)

Go Ahead, Bob... Make Me Day... Who You Call A

:P

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y7XDYcXb1Mw/TPBWnmhPfnI/AAAAAAAACH8/-Qbr5USY09c/s400/andytash.jpg

Go Ahead, Bob... Make Me Day... Who You Call A

:P

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y7XDYcXb1Mw/TPBWnmhPfnI/AAAAAAAACH8/-Qbr5USY09c/s400/andytash.jpg

Hey. He has his own theme song: