Will Andy Schleck ever win anything?

Squier

You just have to look at the bodies of the guys he did good in the TT. More powerfull leg muscles. Now look at Andy. He could try and build more leg muscle to have a longer sustained power output on the flat, but that might just make him heavier which then affects his climbing performance. It is all a balancing act. That is probably why some type of tours suits some men better than others.

Seems so. I suppose that if you look at the guys that have dominated TdF in the past it's normally the bigger fellows like Lance and Miguel. Strange that Contador could win it so many times, but maybe more to do with his choice of diet than anything else :)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, I think he was just tired out from the previous 2 days when he did all the work and Frank did none. According to the 'experts' Andy was better at TT than Frank, but Frank I think beat him on Sat.

Andy posted 58'11 Frank 58'14, ordinarily the gap would be a lot wider, hence i think Andy had an off day.

At least he beat C*ntador, who without his Super Beef diet is just not the same druggie...ooops meant to say rider.

Yay for Cadel, been trying long enough!!!

:clap:

I found this peculiar... A tweet yesterday from Andy:

@andy_schleck: I am proud of my team and my fans thanks for all the support and even more proud to stand with my solemate @schleckfrank on the podium

Solemate??!!?? Really?? Maybe they're just being sponsored by Ocean Basket now... :-D

@andy_schleck: I am proud of my team and my fans thanks for all the support and even more proud to stand with my solemate @schleckfrank on the podium

Solemate??!!?? Really?? Maybe they're just being sponsored by Ocean Basket now... :-D

English is not his first or second language, but he still does better than most hubbers :)

You try and talk five or six languages and climb over all those mountains and then you can comment :D

Interesting observation - they serve fish and chips at the Waterfront's acquarium. Or maybe I'm the only one thinking that it is ironic :huh:

Interesting observation - they serve fish and chips at the Waterfront's acquarium. Or maybe I'm the only one thinking that it is ironic :huh:

Dooooood they like totally make Mars bars right here on earth :lol:

That he spells funny isn't the weirdest thing about that tweet. What I find weird is that most people call their wife or something their soulmate, not their sibling.

Those girls are disturbed.

At least he beat C*ntador, who without his Super Beef diet is just not the same druggie...

If you factor out the time lost by Conti with crashes (and lets not foreget his knee injury) did he really beat him? Remember how everyone went on about the 47 secs (?) lost with the chain incident last year.

Anyway, all in all I think some great sportsmanship was shown during the tour, esp. by Conti.

At least he beat C*ntador, who without his Super Beef diet is just not the same druggie...ooops meant to say rider.

Yay for Cadel, been trying long enough!!!

:clap:

This is probably the only way he will ever win anything, hope Contador is cleared and can go on to set the new records of Tour De France wins.

This was Andy's last chance to win, while Contador was recovering from the Giro.

Agree with sentiments for Cadel, well deserved win.

@bbc_matt Cav's lead-out man Mark Renshaw says Evans is 'still developing as a rider' + can win #tdf again, Aussie cycling firmly on the map

That he spells funny isn't the weirdest thing about that tweet. What I find weird is that most people call their wife or something their soulmate, not their sibling.

Those girls are disturbed.

Why the constant reference to them being girls ?

Why the constant reference to them being girls ?

cause I don't like them, and it pleases my small, black heart to insult them.

They appear to me to be soft, flaccid, poor excuses for top athletes. My opinion.

Edited by TNT1

cause I don't like them, and it pleases my small, black heart to insult them.

They appear to me to be soft, flaccid, poor excuses for top athletes. My opinion.

Ta that explains it better, silly me i thought it was because you were being derogatory.

It's the bike!!!!!!

The Shiv is just not up to a decent Time Trial.

Moral of the story, if you want to win the Tour de France on the last day in the Time Trial............buy a BMC. (Bad Machine for Cadel)

Ta that explains it better, silly me i thought it was because you were being derogatory.

Ha ha ha. I enjoyed that...

flaccid,

Ouch. That has to be the worst insult you can dish out to a professional athlete.

Nicely done sir!