Will Andy Schleck ever win anything?

Squier

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a little fat to be a climber :lol:

Perhaps they think he will lose the weight as the tour progresses :lol: .

Yeah, Europcar can pack a surprise with new talent Rolland.

Hmm, I am not sure Rolland is in that category yet, but I will be watching Tommy Voekler with anticipation, I know he wont win, I know he probably wont even place, I dont care, I like his style.

Hmm, I am not sure Rolland is in that category yet, but I will be watching Tommy Voekler with anticipation, I know he wont win, I know he probably wont even place, I dont care, I like his style.

Voeckler rides with his heart, not his head.

Are they keeping him under wraps :whistling:

Like a ninja. Waiting for Phil or Paul to mention how he's going to assassinate the group...

Who cares....he is verry entertaining :thumbup:

Indeed, I know this is a TDF forum, but I was reading some teams comments on the exclusion of Contador at the Giro and how it will change the racing, so I am pretty sure the teams for the Tour will be a little differant as well. Maybe the top contenders like Cadel and Andy will be looking a little differently at their support riders as the race will most likely be very differant on the road.

Irrespective, there are just some riders who make the event worthwhile, Voeckler is one, Pettachi (if he rides) is another, but we are definitely losing "the characters" of the sport in my opinion.

Dunno. The form he showed at Étoile de Bessèges is impressive.

And

Rolland is as good as the Schlecks, says Bernaudeau

Of course he would say that...

Hmm, okay, maybe he should test himself at the Giro this year, but without 'Berto I think there will be quite a few skipping the Giro in favor of the tour as they see it as a bit more open, but who knows, it would be good to see him do well.

Who cares....he is verry entertaining :thumbup:

Agreed. his 10 days in yellow were quite something and even earned the respect of Lance.

and even earned the respect of Lance.

Fortunately, or li'l Tommy woulda been France's first doping positive in years...

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw on IOL an article on andy schleck, he seems to be taliking the talk .

''We are not friends (Alberto Contador), we just say ‘Hi’, talk a bit. That’s all. What he did on the Port de Bales, I will never forget it. It cost me the Tour,” he said.

Seems he thinks that this years tour will be won in the mountains :eek: instead of the time trials.

I think it would be more accurate to say that what Cadel Evans did (ie take everything the Schlecks could throw at him) cost Andy the tour...

Andy is a wingnut ( he climbs really well but..) , id rather see Evans,Basso,Wiggins,Gesink take it in 2012

Would have loved to see Clenbutador in the mix this year he is a bloody amazing rider ( apart from the clenbuterol story )

Andy is a wingnut ( he climbs really well but..) , id rather see 1. Evans,2. Basso,3.Wiggins,4.Gesink take it in 2012

Would have loved to see Clenbutador in the mix this year he is a bloody amazing rider ( apart from the clenbuterol story )

1.Too boring and got lucky at the last one.

2.Ex-druggie past his prime.

3.Perhaps, but might just not have the edge.

4.That would be good.

Agree with Dangle,

1 Evans not the most exciting rider to watch does not have that exra kick although to win any tour you have to be a great rider

2 Wiggins is just wiggins to me,

3 Basso well the sell by date has long passed better make sure Dale dont see this !

4 Gesink Cant make my mind up,

Just wish they had more mountain stages in the tour this year ! I wont count andy out under the suypervision of Johan Bruyneel

Its going to be nice to see what the new team offers