Vuelta a Espana 2012: 18 August - 09 September

'Dale

Argos-Shimano ruling the flat stages.

Nice going!

Let's see what Purito, Froome Dog and Spanish Steak will do up the climbs this weekend!

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argos-Shimano ruling the flat stages.

Nice going!

Let's see what Purito, Froome Dog and Spanish Steak will do up the climbs this weekend!

Yeah, I didnt even comment, its getting monotonous. :unsure:

Yeah, I didnt even comment, its getting monotonous. :unsure:

Another boring stage race. Just like the wiggo show at the Tour.

Wish they'd take more drugs and make the stages longer and harder.

Another boring stage race. Just like the wiggo show at the Tour.

Wish they'd take more drugs and make the stages longer and harder.

:lol: - but, but, ..............then we would have another thread in the LA vein of stripped titles.... :D

:lol: - but, but, ..............then we would have another thread in the LA vein of stripped titles.... :D

Bugger that. I want to see Contador take on Cav in the sprints, and I want to see Candelabra winning on the Monte Zoncolan...

Edited by TNT1

10 summit finishes in this Giro.

The most ever, I read, in a Grand Tour.

Let the sprinters have a bit of fun, eksê.

:-)

So many riders using ice packs, including 'Berto.

Today's definitely not for the German sprinter :-)

The Finish: the Collada de la Gallina climb is 7.2km at 8%, enough to make this a tough climb but it’s hardly the most severe climb in the Pyrenees around Androrra. That said it maxes at 15% and has sections at 11%, making it an irregular ascension with 17 hairpin bends in the final 4km and it is uphill all the way to the line.

Looks like Froome cracked just a little bit.

Great climb from the main protagonists!

I cannot wait for the longer, steeper climbs!

And I suppose we will get 30 minutes highlights on DSTV and that includes 5 minutes before the race, 5 minutes ads and 5 minutes prize giving - a whole 15 minutes of cycling. If I had my way I would cancel DSTV but my GF watches the crap they show. I normally only get it connected for the TDF in July.

And I suppose we will get 30 minutes highlights on DSTV and that includes 5 minutes before the race, 5 minutes ads and 5 minutes prize giving - a whole 15 minutes of cycling. If I had my way I would cancel DSTV but my GF watches the crap they show. I normally only get it connected for the TDF in July.

Oops, I see I have missed a whole chunk of the race, maybe because DSTV has advertised it so much - NOT

I just pvr/tape the 2 hour coverage they have late night and watch it when i get home (I work nights).

In my house, forget about sport for the time-period 07h00 to 23h00!

Apparently today's stage finished 45 minutes ahead of schedule. Not sure how that happened but SS's 2hrs of coverage only ended up being just under 60 minutes considering they crossed over late as well.

Maybe they all doped up last night and raced like machines or just bad planning / scheduling all round.

Looks like Froome cracked just a little bit.

Great climb from the main protagonists!

I cannot wait for the longer, steeper climbs!

Yeah, the two big stages are next week where 'Berto says he believes the race will start for GC, these early climbs suit Valverde and Rodriguez perfectly, short, sharp and steep and they are making good use of them as is expected.

.........Dont play poker with 'Berto though,.... he fooled everyone today, there was plenty of energy left in that little engine.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Sounds like the cream rose to the top yet again, pun intended.

Looking forward to the highlights reel.