Vuelta a Espana 2012: 18 August - 09 September

'Dale

Chris almost did a track stand to try shake El Berto off his wheel....

Yeah, almost ala Andy / Berto a few years back. :) ..

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently today's stage finished 45 minutes ahead of schedule. Not sure how that happened but SS's 2hrs of coverage only ended up being just under 60 minutes considering they crossed over late as well.

Maybe they all doped up last night and raced like machines or just bad planning / scheduling all round.

tail wind apparently...

.........Dont play poker with 'Berto though,.... he fooled everyone today, there was plenty of energy left in that little engine.

Chris almost did a track stand to try shake El Berto off his wheel....

Ja must say I think Froome showed his relative lack of experience today and Berto out-thunked him... Foome will learn though - and Berto still ran out of steam at the end so he didn't exactly look invincble. Definately swinging back in his favour though - lets see what week 2 will bring...

Ja must say I think Froome showed his relative lack of experience today and Berto out-thunked him... Foome will learn though - and Berto still ran out of steam at the end so he didn't exactly look invincble. Definately swinging back in his favour though - lets see what week 2 will bring...

Hmm, yeah, I get the feeling 'Berto is wise to SKY's tactics now, you will only catch him out once. Agree though, I dont think he is yet in his best form, but he is certainly not far off and the really big stages are still to come.

Always good to see Gilbert take a stage, but....... Rodriguez was stuck to him like Velcro, and taking the bonus points for second he is now about a minute up on Froome and 'Berto going into the TT on Tuesday. If he only loses a minute or so in the TT he could become a major competitor for the Jersey in Madrid, the three huge stages next weekend and Monday are not going to scare him either.

I see 'Berto made a few cheeky little moves off the front to see if anyone would follow and assist, but no one was biting so he just finished in the bunch, but it gave the signal he is present and ready to fight.

Just kept thinking on Sat's stage when Alejandro took it that Froom Dog shoulda just lay down :whistling:

I know some traditionalists don't like the bonus point gain at stage wins.

I laaik it.

Makes for interesting racing.

Valverde needs all the time bonuses to get back onto the podium.

Rod needs all the gains to get an advantage over the rest because he is vulnerable at TTing.

Tomorrow's another day for the sprinters.

Check out this interesting profile for the 40 km TT on Wednesday.

It brings Rodriquez into play more.

http://www.lavuelta.com/12/imgrecorrido/11_perfil.png

Today is going to be an interesting one and will play a huge role in determining the racing for the last two weeks.

I don't see Contador making any time on Froome today based on Froome's recent TT form, however, it should be neck and neck!

Even though the TT will suit Rodriguez better than a flat course I still think Froome and Contador wil leapfrog him, with Froome taking red.

Having Froome in red would mean that we'll be seeing an extra aggresive Contador in the high mountains! Pure viewing pleasure!