MTB glasses

BushGoblin

My tuppence:

- photochromatics are a must;

- ensure a tight fit over your cheeks to stop mud flying in from below.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch! Seems the R3600 I was quoted wasn't too bad then. And that was for polarized too.

Hi Gents

I would just like to make sure that we compare apples with apples when it comes to prescription eyewear. With regards to Rudy Project prescription eyewear, the direct IMpactRX lenses have the following benefits over the conventional polycarbonate lenses- Unbreakable for life, better optical clarity, hard Coating for great scratch ressistance, wider field of view compared to conventional lenses, this is made possible by the back surface power lense(this is the secret to high base curved sport lenses). This technology is applied through our whole range of direct prescription lenses impactRX, cr 39 1.6 1.67 and polycarbonate options.

Thus with Rudy project you are getting the most advanced prescription lenses available.

Please send me a pm if you need any further info!

We also offer more cost effective optoins. Inserts that clip into the back of the frame and we have just launched the new MAYA sport utillity frame.See the picture below:

post-14636-0-89579200-1311926056.jpg

My Rudy's have just been delivered to my office :) Now looking forward to testing them out this weekend :D

My tuppence:

- photochromatics are a must;

- ensure a tight fit over your cheeks to stop mud flying in from below.

Not so sure about this, this prevents proper air circulation if the frames are touching your cheek.

Hi Gents

I would just like to make sure that we compare apples with apples when it comes to prescription eyewear. With regards to Rudy Project prescription eyewear, the direct IMpactRX lenses have the following benefits over the conventional polycarbonate lenses- Unbreakable for life, better optical clarity, hard Coating for great scratch ressistance, wider field of view compared to conventional lenses, this is made possible by the back surface power lense(this is the secret to high base curved sport lenses). This technology is applied through our whole range of direct prescription lenses impactRX, cr 39 1.6 1.67 and polycarbonate options.

Thus with Rudy project you are getting the most advanced prescription lenses available.

Please send me a pm if you need any further info!

We also offer more cost effective optoins. Inserts that clip into the back of the frame and we have just launched the new MAYA sport utillity frame.See the picture below:

Not to knock the presciption range, they are fantastic glasses and a great product - But everything you mentioned above I got for a half the price with my adidas frames & lenses - they are RX impact, I got the hardcoating and they are photocromatic(photochromic, all the same thing) , they too are polycarb lenses.

I suppose photochromatic lenses are like cell phones - we can't now live withoyt them?

I disagree - for the normal user a pair of light tint glasses work fine in a forest or open terrain. Then again if your budget extends to Rudy's or Adidas why not....

• 1 month later...

i like the SLeek look of the split jkts.... mmmmm i see myself in a white pair with blue lense allready....

White = REALLY bad for mtbing......

Plus, the white rubbers are too soft. I've been through two sets now and will never buy white again.

I've got a pair of Specialized Singletracks and they are AWESOME. Haven't had issues with fogging up and can quite happily use them in full sunlight or forests.