MTB glasses

BushGoblin

I'm quite heavy on sunnies, so for my mtb'ing got a pair of Raleigh with interchangeable lenses (normal mirror type, yellow and clear). Lenses are vented, so minimal fogging up. They go for R150-00 or so a pair and should they scratch or break, I just replace. Wouldnt be possible with the others that go for R1000-00 +

Normal day-to-day sunnies are Oakley Monster Dogs, love them

Where did you get these from?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oceanview Photocromatic. Less then R600.

I've heard about these, done a Google and can't find where they retail in Gauteng. Can you help?

I've heard about these, done a Google and can't find where they retail in Gauteng. Can you help?

Alot of bike shops can get them. I got mine in Umhlanga though.

Not at all, the lenses are made of polycarbonate, they are photochromic as well.

can you PM me the details of where you got yours from?

can you PM me the details of where you got yours from?

Classic Eyes @ The Pavillion, I'll get the name of the girl I normally see tonight for you - She was one of the most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

The range has gotten smaller and they have made the whole shop smaller recently, Im sure they can sort them out for you.

I'm quite heavy on sunnies, so for my mtb'ing got a pair of Raleigh with interchangeable lenses (normal mirror type, yellow and clear). Lenses are vented, so minimal fogging up. They go for R150-00 or so a pair and should they scratch or break, I just replace. Wouldnt be possible with the others that go for R1000-00 +

Normal day-to-day sunnies are Oakley Monster Dogs, love them

Ditto. For everyday use I have a pair of polarised Oakley Monster Dogs ( :thumbup: ), MTB are D'Arcs, and for road I use Uvex Racers.

Oakley Radars with interchangable lenses lenses dont mist up Jawbones nice but didnt like the look of them on preferred the Radars. Wont wear anything else but Oakley lenses dont shatter they designed that why.

Oakley Africa have a display cabinent in the showroom and displays how if the lenses are shot at close range with a rifle they take the force and pop out the casing of the glasses and dont shatter upon impact. Thats what u want frm your sunglasses.

Oakley Radars with interchangable lenses lenses dont mist up Jawbones nice but didnt like the look of them on preferred the Radars. Wont wear anything else but Oakley lenses dont shatter they designed that why.

Oakley Africa have a display cabinent in the showroom and displays how if the lenses are shot at close range with a rifle they take the force and pop out the casing of the glasses and dont shatter upon impact. Thats what u want frm your sunglasses.

They are not designed that way, its just the nature of the material used for the lenses - Polycarbonate. Most lenses are made from this. Its not specific to Oakley.

Pretty sure I saw them at Totalsports or Due South or something like that as well recently. (This was in the Colony, but availability should be the same up there.)

They are not designed that way, its just the nature of the material used for the lenses - Polycarbonate. Most lenses are made from this. Its not specific to Oakley.

Even D'arcs have shot gun tests without the lenses breaking.

Where did you get these from?

I know Solomons sometimes stock them, but got them from one of the LBS's here in Centurion, PJC Sport. Not bad at all. we're bound to go to Breedts again on 14Aug, could always bring it there if u decide. U need pics or so?

Even D'arcs have shot gun tests without the lenses breaking.

They used to do those adverts on telly years ago with the Topsport cycling glasses where they shot the lenses with the shotgun :lol:

Oakley Holbrook :thumbup:

http://www.kstreetwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/oakley-holbrook-3.jpg

Not really 'riding' glasses, but it's what I ride with. Saw quite a few guys at last years rampage had them too (including Cam Zink... the winner :D )

Edited by patches