MTB glasses

BushGoblin

Are there any optometrists on The Hub?

Also interested to know... could do with a good deal on some precsription lenses on my sunnies :lol: Last quote I got was around R3600 :blink:

Edited by patches

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also interested to know... could do with a good deal on some precsription lenses on my sunnies :lol: Last quote I got was around R3600 :blink:

Bernard Volschenk (optometrist at ASG) quoted me R4000 for single and R5000 for multifocal prescription after I enquired yesterday on replacing my Rydon standard lenses with prescription lenses

Bernard Volschenk (optometrist at ASG) quoted me R4000 for single and R5000 for multifocal prescription after I enquired yesterday on replacing my Rydon standard lenses with prescription lenses

ouch! Seems the R3600 I was quoted wasn't too bad then. And that was for polarized too.

Thanks for the correction gents regarding the polycarbonate materail used for the maunfacture of lenses. :thumbup:

Its for those very reasons why I never went the Rudy Project route, replacement lenses are crazy prices.

ouch! Seems the R3600 I was quoted wasn't too bad then. And that was for polarized too.

The lenses for my adidas cost me just under R2000,

The lenses for my adidas cost me just under R2000,

was that a complete new lense made by an optometrist to suite the frame? Or was it those little round ones that go in the adidas optical insert?

Darcs - tough and cheap?

Agree. And comes with interchangeable lenses. Perfect for MTBing.

Yip got me self a pair as well and they have been dropped ridden over etc and still ok :thumbup:

D'arcs are great, still have my pair with four options for lenses. But the pain of deciding in advance what lenses will be needed on the day made me move to photochromic lenses.

Jawbones!!

Pity they are so expensive!

Got quoted on photochromic lenses - R1500 to R1700!!!!

For lenses!!!!!

Before I got the Jawbones, I used a pair of Diesel (Star Uncle which were pretty decent...

Point being - cycle in whatever you are comfortable in...

Hi Guys,

Don't miss out - we have a GENETYK limited Edition on auction with Photochromic RED ImpactX lenses. PERFECT for MTB'ing!

You'll never get a better pair of sunglasses as a better price ever again! (and then it's a limited edition too - so you'll have one of a kind!! :thumbup: )

Check this link and hurry:

http://www.thehubsa....68#entry1454768

:clap:

Edited by ASG

This is what it looks like:

post-16745-0-26269600-1311864187.jpg

With an extra set of white temples tips and a black nose piece to create this look:

post-16745-0-96123400-1311864200.jpg